Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

58 minutes ago, Summertime said:

This happened to us last year, but at the time we hadn’t read about it before the sale so couldn’t work out what had happened (turns out there was something in the ts & cs about it). One friend got through to the payment page and another got through shortly afterwards (can’t remember if it was to the payment screen or just the reg one) for the same group, then the registrations got locked and it wouldn’t accept payment on either of the sessions.

We guessed afterwards they’d been blocked for about 8 mins but it was probably the 10 that Glasto state.  It was so stressful, but incredibly our group got through one more time later and got the tickets. 

So im quite worried about this happening again now as it seems like it could happen relatively easily. But hoping See have made an enhancement since last year and the first session will be protected in the way parsonjack describes above. ?

It happened to us last year too, but with the difference that the numbers never unlocked. The first attempt was made very early in the sale, before 9.05, this attempt ended in a white screen of doom after submitting payment details. Twenty minutes later, someone else got through and the numbers were still locked out. My understanding now is that the person who made the first attempt should have closed the browser in order to kill the session, but we didn't think of this at the time. 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

My guess is that it locks the reg numbers for use once they have been looked up on the second screen. So even though the first person to use them may not have yet got to the payment stage no one else can use them in a separate session.

If correct, this is quite a big change isn't it? We've certainly had situations in the past where two people got through at a similar time and went all the way to the payment page, at which point the person who was marginally later got a message saying the registrations were already used. 

1 minute ago, Kashkin said:

If correct, this is quite a big change isn't it? We've certainly had situations in the past where two people got through at a similar time and went all the way to the payment page, at which point the person who was marginally later got a message saying the registrations were already used. 

It's just a guess....but prob how I would code it.  The demand on the system is already massive, so why allow simultaneous sessions to same reg numbers all the way to payment stage when those sessions could be used by other folks trying on different numbers?

17 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Does anyone have a good way of testing your 'verified by visa' credentials?

Been a long time since I have been asked for my password using my card online.

I actually went on Seetickets last night and spent (wasted) £2.25 on a random club night ticket.  I used my HSBC Visa Debit and had to enter an SMS text code to verify the payment.

I also then bought a further ticket using my RBS Mastercard Credit card and did not need the verification code.

£4.50 well spent to know for sure.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I actually went on Seetickets last night and spent (wasted) £2.25 on a random club night ticket.  I used my HSBC Visa Debit and had to enter an SMS text code to verify the payment.

I also then bought a further ticket using my RBS Mastercard Credit card and did not need the verification code.

this is a great idea! Doing it now

26 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I tried last night using minimal transactions 

- Visa went through the verified by visa but no password requested

- MasterCard required a code to be texted to phone.

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

In struggling to find a £2.50 event on see!! What did you book?

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

I had my first T-day dream last night where no matter how hard I tried, I repeatedly failed to put the reg numbers in correctly. It's giving me anxiety even thinking about next Sunday.

I had an awful one last night. Was trying to use the computers at uni but realised I'd left it too late to get there, and when I arrived the computers were off and then people started telling me I couldn't use them and I could see the minutes ticking down.....horrible!

I had my first t day dream too last night - I couldn't find the reg numbers of the people I was buying for, and everytime I asked I kept getting sent pictures of old Glastonbury wrist bands. All the time, the five minute timer was ticking down in the bottom corner. The sale did go though but it charged me an odd amount and I was sat waiting for the confirmation email to go to those people! 

Bad times when your dreams arent even about your own tickets!

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do British IP addresses have any advantage over foreign ones? I'm considering using a VPN to get the tickets.

Also, what are your experiences using Windows vs. iOS? Or does it solely depend on the browser?

Don't wanna take any chances! :P

7 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do British IP addresses have any advantage over foreign ones? I'm considering using a VPN to get the tickets.

Also, what are your experiences using Windows vs. iOS? Or does it solely depend on the browser?

Don't wanna take any chances! :P

I genuinely think in terms of IP addresses and browsers it's an even playing field. Someone did a poll once on browsers and it was pretty equal.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I had my first t day dream too last night - I couldn't find the reg numbers of the people I was buying for, and everytime I asked I kept getting sent pictures of old Glastonbury wrist bands. All the time, the five minute timer was ticking down in the bottom corner. The sale did go though but it charged me an odd amount and I was sat waiting for the confirmation email to go to those people! 

Bad times when your dreams arent even about your own tickets!

you dreamt about the bus tickets first as that is the next sale .... the main sale dream will be later :) 

Just popping in a week ahead of time to say good luck to all for next week. I can't go next year, so I'm free of the weeks of stress through to T-day.

Handful of tips which have always seen us get tickets..

1) Get the ticket site up ONCE in DIFFERENT browers. So one in Firefox, one in Chrome, one in  IE etc. Never have two tabs/windows of one browser type

2) Activate an autorefresh on the page, to refresh every four seconds. Once you're in you don't get kicked out on a refresh but you should be able to turn off the autorefresh easily enough anyway

3) And the obvious one to have all details in a word document so you can copy and paste over

I hope all your group gets up and tries, rather than staying in bed and thinking you will sort it....

IP / location means nothing. We've got tickets on home connections, work connections and a 3G mobile connection in Belgium before. It's luck - but also about maximising your chances with multiple people operating multiple browsers.

• Upvote 3

Registration question. Had somebody have to redo theirs yesterday and since its the weekend, the photo verification wouldnt happen until tomorrow morning at the earliest, correct? And if by chance their photo got rejected, if they re submit right away, would it get verified before the 5pm cutoff? I know, people had weeks to sort it out but im sure its not a single case scenario, hope they have extra staff to ensure last min submissions like this get processed.

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Cool, thanks! Booked it.... And the verified by visa thing flashed up on the screen but then it automatically accepted it. That's been happening for a couple of years now it seems. So I think I'm good. I know they have the right phone number for me too so if they do end up texting me, it shouldn't be that much of an issue