Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, CJTM said:

I'll be trying from Ireland this year, first time ever non UK location… will this have absolutely any impact on my ticket chances? enhance? I have no idea tbh...

For the last four festivals, our groups lucky ticket purchaser has been located in Kenya, Canada, Dominican Republic and the UK.  I don't think location matters....

Given there's a larger % of festival goers who will get a ticket yet aren't on this forum trying to put together scientific plans on IP addresses, VPN's and so on, it doesn't take a genius to realise it's simply a case of...

1. Ensuring you've got a group of you trying / you are on as many people's "lists" as possible. More folk trying = better chance of getting a ticket.

2. Getting your laptops, computers and phones all assembled like an electronic army in front of you. Check for updates & ensure they are done a few days before.

3. F5 59 times every 60 seconds.

4. A large slice of getting through is luck. Put simply a "slot" being available when your device is trying to connect to the ticket page. 

You can maximise your chances of getting a ticket doing the above but just remember it is effectively a lottery. 

Remember point number 4 at all times. You can have 6 devices, 100 friends, 500mb speed internet and maximise your chances in those respects yet someone on fishing boat using 3g who only refreshes the page once may end up with a ticket and you won't.

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Given there's a larger % of festival goers who will get a ticket yet aren't on this forum trying to put together scientific plans on IP addresses, VPN's and so on, it doesn't take a genius to realise it's simply a case of...

1. Ensuring you've got a group of you trying / you are on as many people's "lists" as possible. More folk trying = better chance of getting a ticket.

2. Getting your laptops, computers and phones all assembled like an electronic army in front of you. Check for updates & ensure they are done a few days before.

4. A large slice of getting through is luck. Put simply a "slot" being available when your device is trying to connect to the ticket page. 

You can maximise your chances of getting a ticket doing the above but just remember it is effectively a lottery. 

Remember point number 4 at all times. You can have 6 devices, 100 friends, 500mb speed internet and maximise your chances in those respects yet someone on fishing boat using 3g who only refreshes the page once may end up with a ticket and you won't.

Just one additional tip to this

If you're not getting anywhere at all, then try a different browser or the same browser in incognito/private mode. Sometimes browsers for whatever reason get miserable and don't want to even try.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

For Hire: One fishing boat, good condition, available throughout October, DM me for rates.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

try a different browser or the same browser in incognito/private mode. Sometimes browsers for whatever reason get miserable and don't want to even try.

I've been wondering about the benefit of incognito mode. At some point during the unsuccessful bit of trying to get a ticket, I become paranoid that my browser is running off a cache or isn't connecting in a fresh way to the See Tickets servers. It's almost certainly in my head, but would using a private window eliminate any risk of this?

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I've been wondering about the benefit of incognito mode. At some point during the unsuccessful bit of trying to get a ticket, I become paranoid that my browser is running off a cache or isn't connecting in a fresh way to the See Tickets servers. It's almost certainly in my head, but would using a private window eliminate any risk of this?

Not to freak you out about this even more but....

Last year in the resale I was trying for a friend and refreshing as normal (less than once a minute) and a good five minutes after it was sold out, I was able to just keep refreshing and got the same holding page. I had to go out and go back in before it said sold out. I'd forgotten about that until I just read your post... I definitely preferred in when the 20 sec counter went down so you knew if this had happened or not!!

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just jumping in to say that I' ve  just looked up the definition of a circle jerk, as I'd never heard it used before. My problem is that I can see how it could be used for both sides of the discussion above, and both be right. So, I am none the wiser as to the true definition. This is not aided by the fact that I don't understand much of the technical stuff being talked about. I like the thread though. I, for unknown reasons to me, seem to like being told and told again (by reading each technical posts) that I simply am lacking heavily in this area. I guess reading each one is like a drum stick beating on my head saying 'pull your socks up' within this field.

It’s a conversation where everyone agrees with each other and folk come together to congratulate one another on holding the particular belief. There are numerous circlejerks on this forum, as with any forum and within Glastonbury itself, but this thread could not be accused of being one.

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Once you get through is there like a timer or anything or is it just a mad rush to get people's details in as soon as possible?

Also is there many details you need to enter or would it all be done in a couple of mins or whatever?

Its a mad rush yeah. People frantically typing, smashing their ball sacks of the F5 button, headbutting the screen, fist fights with family members, grenade attacks on the streets and live animal sacrifices on Satantic alters.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It can't be a circlejerk if people are disagreeing with one another, ya dum-dum.

Well the opposite of a circle is also a circle (mathematically) 

if a circle is something with infinite sides then the opposite of infinite is 0. A circle also has 0 sides so the opposite of a circle jerk is also a circle jerk

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I always take my laptop right next to my router but I've no idea if it makes a difference!

If you open different browsers e.g. chrome, edge, opera and mozilla does the maximum number of refreshes allowed in a minute add all these together so if you refresh each one every second it counts as four refreshes per second?

I didn't know we could have multiple browsers until I watched that vlog, someone posted earlier.

Last year I limped along opening new tabs and everything. 

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Caveat to this would be to only F5 once you are certain a booking page has not loaded...and then no more than 59 times in 60 seconds.  In practice it's unlikely you will get near 59 times/60 secs if you do this....but you will at least be certain you haven't missed a slow loading booking page.