Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

21 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can’t recall what the advice was on how frequently you can safety do F5 without the risk of being locked out for a while?

You can check by going to https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras and hammering refresh for a minute it'll take you to the holding page if you go over the refresh rate.

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I always take my laptop right next to my router but I've no idea if it makes a difference!

If you open different browsers e.g. chrome, edge, opera and mozilla does the maximum number of refreshes allowed in a minute add all these together so if you refresh each one every second it counts as four refreshes per second?

Is this you ?

images-1.jpeg

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is this you ?

images-1.jpeg

Ha ha!  4 different browsers minimised so they each take up a quarter of the screen and placed to fill the whole screen - easy to click on each one in turn.  And at least one on autorefresh.  

Edited by Beerqueen

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im intrigued as to what you mean ? as the op ... if it helps one person on here surely its worthwhile ?

Okay maybe circle jerk was a bit harsh maybe consipricacy theorising is a better phrase.

Observe exhibit A...

Person 1) I think (delete as appropriate: multiple tabs/multiple browsers/proxies/ etc./technical shizzle whizz) will improve chances of getting a ticket

person 2) I disagree with person 1 

Ultimately leading to no conclusion on the ‘best’ way to get a ticket. 

1 minute ago, Radi0Head said:

Okay maybe circle jerk was a bit harsh maybe consipricacy theorising is a better phrase.

Observe exhibit A...

Person 1) I think (delete as appropriate: multiple tabs/multiple browsers/proxies/ etc./technical shizzle whizz) will improve chances of getting a ticket

quite possible I would agree ... but so far it might have stopped someone refreshing too much and is potentially what new users of the forum will be looking for / possibly interested in ... and the forum needs new members to keep it alive :) 

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

Observe exhibit A...

It can't be a circlejerk if people are disagreeing with one another, ya dum-dum.

• Upvote 1

Just jumping in to say that I' ve  just looked up the definition of a circle jerk, as I'd never heard it used before. My problem is that I can see how it could be used for both sides of the discussion above, and both be right. So, I am none the wiser as to the true definition. This is not aided by the fact that I don't understand much of the technical stuff being talked about. I like the thread though. I, for unknown reasons to me, seem to like being told and told again (by reading each technical posts) that I simply am lacking heavily in this area. I guess reading each one is like a drum stick beating on my head saying 'pull your socks up' within this field.