Coach Question

ian_sw

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I live up North. But just off the top of my head, you could always book the car in at Bristol airport?

Same here re location

We want to get into WV.

Seriously tempted to have a punt tonight at a Bristol or Taunton bus, then taxi back and pick the car up knowing I can waltz into WV with all our gear in the car...doing a coach from Mcr isn’t feasible for my Mrs

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Sorry to hijack thread....

Can anyone point to me where the timings of see ticket coaches are? I.e What days and times will be on offer when buying tickets? When's the last coach Sunday etc?

These details haven't been released.

You can only select timings for Bristol/London anyway.

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Sorry to hijack thread....

Can anyone point to me where the timings of see ticket coaches are? I.e What days and times will be on offer when buying tickets? When's the last coach Sunday etc?

i dont think your allocated a time until you purchase - you choose either wednesday or thursday if you get past the holding screen

Just now, danbailey80 said:

If I'm booking for 5 mates do we all have to go from the same location or can I choose different locations for different mates?

You can only choose one location per booking. So you'd need to go back to the start to book for another one.

Probably not worth the risk - I'd attempt to get everyone deciding on one location where possible...

First time trying for tickets for me and 3 mates and IN!!! Just as information for the rest, I used Chrome-one tab and refreshing manually every 2/3 seconds. Was chaotic but happy ending. The only problem was in the last step as I clicked on pay but I the page was totally blocked... And then I saw a message of time out session. After 10 minutes I received somehow the confirmation email.

I booked the WED coach from London return departing at 12 and coming back at 12. Do you have any idea about the pick up point for the London buses? As I am coming from Overseas I will arrive by plane so I guess this is important information at the time of booking it :)

Thanks a lot and see you in the 50th aniversary!

32 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

First time trying for tickets for me and 3 mates and IN!!! Just as information for the rest, I used Chrome-one tab and refreshing manually every 2/3 seconds. Was chaotic but happy ending. The only problem was in the last step as I clicked on pay but I the page was totally blocked... And then I saw a message of time out session. After 10 minutes I received somehow the confirmation email.

I booked the WED coach from London return departing at 12 and coming back at 12. Do you have any idea about the pick up point for the London buses? As I am coming from Overseas I will arrive by plane so I guess this is important information at the time of booking it :)

Thanks a lot and see you in the 50th aniversary!

The London pick-up and drop-off is the coach park at the O2 venue. Nearest station is North Greenwich. Depending on where you are flying from it's not the easiest!

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Same gate but I believe a slightly different queue to the see coaches 

Ahh okay. Is it usually a shorter queue than general though? Debating getting a midnight bus from Manchester that’s gets us to the festival for 6am, so want to make sure that it won’t be a long queue after what I can imagine would be a rather laborious bus journey 

On 10/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

The London pick-up and drop-off is the coach park at the O2 venue. Nearest station is North Greenwich. Depending on where you are flying from it's not the easiest!

If you are in Europe then I'd recommend flying into City, either early morning or even better the night before and stay nearby. If travelling from further than Heathrow or Gatwick is doable but you would definitely need to arrive the night before and stay nearer the O2. This will give you chance to stop at a supermarket for a few crates of beer and not be panicked on the morning. 

I'm flying from Switzerland on Tuesday evening. One of our group lives in Bermondsey and I managed to book a room above a pub 10mins walk to Bermondsey tube station for £25 each. 

In the morning it's then a few stops to the O2 for the 7am coach. 

So reading this, the London see tickets coach is from the O2, not Victoria? Also does anyone know what the deal is with National Express coaches booked separately for the return, a) what queue would they get in (I guess not the massive Castle Cary shuttle queue?) b) Is there any wiggle room for getting a different coach than what was booked? 

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

So reading this, the London see tickets coach is from the O2, not Victoria? Also does anyone know what the deal is with National Express coaches booked separately for the return, a) what queue would they get in (I guess not the massive Castle Cary shuttle queue?) b) Is there any wiggle room for getting a different coach than what was booked? 

Seetickets coaches arrive and depart from the Car Park at The O2 Arena. Or at least, they have done the past few years so that's assuming it doesn't change.

National Express coaches arrive and depart from Victoria Coach Station

At the festival, the coach station is split into 3 distinct areas - Local Services/National Express/Seetickets - each of which is clearly signposted as you go in. So you'd go to the relevant section, and then within that each bay should have a sign on it saying what destinations are served. It's all very organised and difficult to get wrong.

In terms of getting a different coach - reportedly See are fairly flexible about it, National Express aren't.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

In terms of getting a different coach - reportedly See are fairly flexible about it, National Express aren't.

Can confirm this. You can jump on any See coach however unless you have some sort of emergency, National Express will not afford the same flexibility.

Edited by jyoung