Coach Question

ian_sw

This year, for the first time ever, im actually going to try and buy a ticket.

Is it easier to get a coach ticket package? Im assuming so, but there's no way id want to get on the coach as its massively limits your freedom. Its a dilemma.

I couldn't imagine not being able to smoke, play your own tunes and go for a piss whenever you need on the way to Glastonbury. Are you even allowed to neck some cans on the way? I should hope so, or else that is the journey ruined.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

It's the festival ticket you show. Just like going out to the car parks during the festival. 

Festival ticket, and wristband checked, they give you a pass out. Coming back in you show your festival ticket, get wristband checked and hand in the pass out.

Right. So in theory you wouldn't be able to get into the campervan field until you had your festival ticket. So if you were hypothetically going to send someone else on the coach but take a campervan, you would have to meet the other person from the coach park before you can even enter the campervan field as you won't have your ticket.

12 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

This year, for the first time ever, im actually going to try and buy a ticket.

Is it easier to get a coach ticket package? Im assuming so, but there's no way id want to get on the coach as its massively limits your freedom. Its a dilemma.

I couldn't imagine not being able to smoke, play your own tunes and go for a piss whenever you need on the way to Glastonbury. Are you even allowed to neck some cans on the way? I should hope so, or else that is the journey ruined.

But the coach also has a party atmosphere on the way down, and super chilled out on the way back all while someone else does all the driving... really has some bonus points IMO.

As for drink, it depends on the driver but unless you're sitting right next to them it'd be pretty easy to sneak...

Yeah fair play, it sounds like can do what you want basically, apart from smoke. I guess you can always vape for the journey, or perhaps have a crafty fag in the onboard toilet. If anyone objects, just tell them to mind their own?

So by and large, is it much easier to get a coach ticket than a general ticket? And if you decide to, can you just bin off the coach, and get a lift with your mate?

1 minute ago, Kashkin said:

Says they transported 44k people but distributed 23k tickets. The 23k would seem to be the relevant number in relation to coach packages, still bigger than I would have thought.

Maybe they're counting both directions. Not all are return tickets so it would make sense.

48 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Right. So in theory you wouldn't be able to get into the campervan field until you had your festival ticket. So if you were hypothetically going to send someone else on the coach but take a campervan, you would have to meet the other person from the coach park before you can even enter the campervan field as you won't have your ticket.

As someone wrote above, if you've registered for coach package it won't let you buy a campervan ticket, so in your scenario you'd either need another person with a regular ticket or a rogue CV pass buyer and to enter the site at a time when they're not fussed about whether the CV pass name ties up with ticket holder name. 

They've said they check it ever since the time a few years ago when there became an overpriced black market in CV passes for one year.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe they're counting both directions. Not all are return tickets so it would make sense.

Yes, also children who don't require a festival ticket, also it sounds from the article like they transport some artists. Possibly also volunteer teams?

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Yeah fair play, it sounds like can do what you want basically, apart from smoke. I guess you can always vape for the journey, or perhaps have a crafty fag in the onboard toilet. If anyone objects, just tell them to mind their own?

So by and large, is it much easier to get a coach ticket than a general ticket? And if you decide to, can you just bin off the coach, and get a lift with your mate?

No

And No

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Drive in separate cars. You'll have more room for glass bottles that way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Given your history you understand that the festival depends on various folks who are given roles and told what to do.

You clearly know what the festival tell us about those tickets and in turn what the drivers are told, as any of the regulars here do.  Some drivers can be flexible, but you can't depend on it, it's not fair to slate them for doing what they're told and as you'll have seen in previous posts if someone is not on the coach then the ticket goes to the box office on site - with the accompanying delays that may be involved in collecting it from there.

Sorry if it came across that I was slating anyone old son. NOOO I know they all do their stuff.. If it came across as I was having a go at the drivers then I wrote it down wrong... 

42 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sorry if it came across that I was slating anyone old son. NOOO I know they all do their stuff.. If it came across as I was having a go at the drivers then I wrote it down wrong... 

Nicely put, I'll wind my fat neck in

13 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Can I just say anyone that gets the coach to remember to thank the driver. 

I wouldn't be minded to feel any thanks for this coach set up whatsoever, when the company responsible are clearly on a massive money spinner on the back of Glastonbury.

I cant find the page now, but I think I saw that a return from London was an eye watering £62. Now some people may shrug and think that's fine, its a price to pay, but with someone who has experience of getting coaches to that part of the country fairly often, I can tell you now that is a rip off.

A Megabus return fare London to Bristol, booked say for example 3 weeks or so in advance is about £15 return, even cheaper if you book earlier. So why are these Glastonbury coaches quadruple the price?

So, the driver would not be getting much thanks from me im afraid.  

14 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I wouldn't be minded to feel any thanks for this coach set up whatsoever, when the company responsible are clearly on a massive money spinner on the back of Glastonbury.

I cant find the page now, but I think I saw that a return from London was an eye watering £62. Now some people may shrug and think that's fine, its a price to pay, but with someone who has experience of getting coaches to that part of the country fairly often, I can tell you now that is a rip off.

A Megabus return fare London to Bristol, booked say for example 3 weeks or so in advance is about £15 return, even cheaper if you book earlier. So why are these Glastonbury coaches quadruple the price?

So, the driver would not be getting much thanks from me im afraid.  

ah Jim we've missed your trolling you do such a fantastic job of it ...

Apologies if this has been asked but can’t seem to find this one.  If I’m lucky to get through later on today and my departure for the Wednesday is sold out, if I click the back button will I be able to select Thursday then and try from there or will it put me back in the queue.  Thanks.