Coach Question

ian_sw

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You can only pick times from London and (I think) Bristol. With Liverpool you get what you're given. I think it works on a first come first served basis. My tickets were booked four minutes into the sale and I was lucky enough to be on the 6am coach. I think if you get through, say twenty five minutes into the sale and secure tickets, you're likely to be on a later coach.

The same script on the return times? 

5 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

The same script on the return times? 

Indeed. Though you don't find out your departure times until mid May anyway so they keep you sweating either way.

(and as mentioned, return time doesn't really matter if you're a chancer and fancy just getting on any old coach which everybody seems to do anyway)

Edited by jyoung

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Indeed. Though you don't find out your departure times until mid May anyway so they keep you sweating either way.

(and as mentioned, return time doesn't really matter if you're a chancer and fancy just getting on any old coach which everybody seems to do anyway)

Nice one for the info lad, much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Do all the coaches leave on Wednesday or are there some Thursday allocations?

Yes there are Thursday coaches. They tend to get booked slightly less quickly.

Edited by vintagelaureate

24 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Are coaches as hard to get as general sale? Are most people still disappointed or is there a good chance of getting them?

I would say they are. I know a few who missed out last year who are regulars. 

10 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Also, is it easier to get Thursday or Wednesday? Guessing Wednesday is more popular but surely there will be more coaches leaving on that day?

If you get through, Thursday tends to go a little slower than Wednesday.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

So we have to 'get a ticket' first and that is only confirmed if you manage to find a coach seat at the next screen?

If memory serves me right (I'm sure someone else can expand or correct me if I'm wrong) - you choose your day first, then it brings up a list of departure points, you then click on it and hope seats are left by the time it loads. Then proceeds as normal but paying the coach fee on top of the deposit.

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

If memory serves me right (I'm sure someone else can expand or correct me if I'm wrong) - you choose your day first, then it brings up a list of departure points, you then click on it and hope seats are left by the time it loads. Then proceeds as normal but paying the coach fee on top of the deposit.

Urgh! I can't cope, god knows how I will be next Thursday!

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers this answers the Q I was about to post - so you'd pay £50 ticket deposit and £50 (was the price from Brum last year I believe) coach fee immediately?

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry another Q from me -

If you have a coach ticket and don't pay your April balance, do you lose the entirety of the £50 coach fee? As well as the £20 you lose of the entrance ticket?

Last year :

A £20 administration charge will be retained from all refunded tickets.

An additional £10 administration charge will be retained from any cancelled coach packages. (£20 ticket cancellation fee + £10 coach cancellation fee).

It is not possible to cancel part of the package – if you are unable to travel on your allotted coach you will need to cancel your ticket booking.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:38 PM, jyoung said:

Took a trolley of booze this year and just about squeezed it on at the end. Obv they aren't going to put a trolley on first when everybody has their bags to go on but luckily there was space. If there wasn't, the trolley would have been dumped. Driver discretion again. As the official line is "no trolleys" I wouldn't be surprised for some to just flat out refuse. Them the risks!

I usually take the coach and I've had the distinct impression that most drivers will get whatever they can get on the coaches, so it's not so much driver discretion, as physical limits.  The fact is that if even 10 (probably far fewer) passengers brought a trolley in addition to a big bag and a tent then you wouldn't get everything on.  

Note that due to SeeCoach tickets being allocated with festival tickets, they can ensure that all the coaches that go down are full, meaning space will always be at a premium.  With National Express, you have a chance of a coach that isn't fully booked (I.e. with ample space for a trolley), as they don't control their numbers in the say way as the package deals.  Of course, NE have plenty of fully booked coaches.

But my big top tip if you're strong enough is a medium sized "hand luggage" bag in addition to your big rucksack for the hold.  Obviously slabs of cans aren't really feasible, but I've managed to get a good range of cider*, spirits, wine and craft  beer to see me through the festival (with trips to the bar) in my two bags.  I usually come back with undrunk spirits+ some wine, so if I ever drove down I wouldn't take more booze.

*I did get some cider taken down for me this year(for which I am grateful!), but as it turned out, I could have just left the wine+ glowsticks at home and brought it myself as usual.  You learn every year!

On 9/25/2019 at 12:29 PM, jyoung said:

You can only pick times from London and (I think) Bristol. With Liverpool you get what you're given. I think it works on a first come first served basis. My tickets were booked four minutes into the sale and I was lucky enough to be on the 6am coach. I think if you get through, say twenty five minutes into the sale and secure tickets, you're likely to be on a later coach.

I thought this would be the case. Does anyone know what the latest time you're likely to get allocated is? I imagine their last ones are probably like 8pm arrivals anyway? 

Trying to talk my friends into trying for coach tickets with me but they're worried about arriving too late to get a good spot (Wednesday).

Edited by DareToDibble

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I thought this would be the case. Does anyone know what the latest time you're likely to get allocated is? I imagine their last ones are probably like 8pm arrivals anyway? 

Trying to talk my friends into trying for coach tickets with me but they're worried about arriving too late to get a good spot (Wednesday).

Tell you friends that a bad spot inside the fence is miles better than a good spot outside the fence. 

• Upvote 1