Coach Question

ian_sw

Just now, JackLlewelyn said:

My first year trying for glasto this year. May be a stupid question but am I wrong in thinking that if I fail in the coach sale I can try again in the general on Sunday? Essentially a double chance, I don't have a group I'm just trying for myself and the missus so need all the chances I can get

Yes that's right, you can try Thursday and if you aren't lucky you can try again on Sunday :) 

Good Luck! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JackLlewelyn said:

My first year trying for glasto this year. May be a stupid question but am I wrong in thinking that if I fail in the coach sale I can try again in the general on Sunday? Essentially a double chance, I don't have a group I'm just trying for myself and the missus so need all the chances I can get

actually 4 chances if you are prepared to do the coach and general resales in April aswell 

On 9/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, cerv said:

Would be good for someone else to confirm but I think the tickets get handed to the lead booker (the first reg number entered). So make sure you're not that person in your group (this might be at deposit settlement time not necessarily T-day). Chances are driver will hand the batch to your mate and they can hold onto your ticket for you then come and meet you when you arrive. 

Of course has to be said that this does fly in the face of what the coach package thing is all about. If you care about maintaining some environmental karma then consider arriving by train ?

Been chatting to a pal who got the coach this year and he reckons they got handed tickets individually so my lead booker thing sounds like bollocks. Ignore unless anyone else can clarify further?

42 minutes ago, cerv said:

Been chatting to a pal who got the coach this year and he reckons they got handed tickets individually so my lead booker thing sounds like bollocks. Ignore unless anyone else can clarify further?

Possibly Drivers proroguative ? ... when and how they hand them out :) 

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Couple of years ago the driver gave the tickets to us as we were getting on the bus. 

This year the driver gave them to us as we were getting on the  bus.

The two other years that I've travelled via the coach, we have always been given them at Fleet services ?

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Possibly Drivers proroguative ? ... when and how they hand them out :) 

I'd say yes to when but probably not how. Pretty sure in all instances your ticket is in an envelope, which I'd guess is stuffed by See and not the driver. So from the start they're going to be grouped up or not and from another recent post sounds like it's 'not' these days. This change may have come about from instances where the lead booker couldn't make the coach but others did. That might have caused issues over the years with drivers unwilling to hand over tickets to those who had made it.

Another question which I didn't see asked at a quick glance through the thread. The fear of missing out after last year means I'm trying for coach this year... rather turn up later than not at all!

Do you pay the coach fee as well as the deposit on ticket day? Or is the coach payment made when you pay off the balance in April?

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Another question which I didn't see asked at a quick glance through the thread. The fear of missing out after last year means I'm trying for coach this year... rather turn up later than not at all!

Do you pay the coach fee as well as the deposit on ticket day? Or is the coach payment made when you pay off the balance in April?

the former coach ticket cost plus deposit for fest ticket 

There seems to be a lot of people (and by this I dont mean the OP) who think they might 'miss' the coach this year. As @MetaKate said earlier I hope it doesn't become common practice, bypasses the point. 

Back on thread; I'm on the fence about whether to try for coach tickets but I'm leaning to it. More for the journey home!

19 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

There seems to be a lot of people (and by this I dont mean the OP) who think they might 'miss' the coach this year. As @MetaKate said earlier I hope it doesn't become common practice, bypasses the point. 

Back on thread; I'm on the fence about whether to try for coach tickets but I'm leaning to it. More for the journey home!

It’s a tricky one isn’t it? Some people will have legitimate reasons why they missed/never got the coach so it would seem harsh to punish them. The problem is there will also always be people who abuse the system. It would be tricky to come up with a system that punished people taking the piss without disadvantaging people who have legitimate reasons.

Like you I’m still very much on the fence. I think I’ve decided to try for it. I figure the disappointment of missing out altogether massively outweighs the disappointment of my friends getting GA tickets and me being on the coach!

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

It’s a tricky one isn’t it? Some people will have legitimate reasons why they missed/never got the coach so it would seem harsh to punish them. The problem is there will also always be people who abuse the system. It would be tricky to come up with a system that punished people taking the piss without disadvantaging people who have legitimate reasons.

Like you I’m still very much on the fence. I think I’ve decided to try for it. I figure the disappointment of missing out altogether massively outweighs the disappointment of my friends getting GA tickets and me being on the coach!

Oh for sure there is plenty of legitimate reasons; if I'd gotten coach last year I'd have missed it. It's just turning into a grey area. 

I always drive back at the end on the Sunday night, and it is getting increasingly difficult. I'm back in work Monday everytime, I know there is a 2am National Express coach both ways that tempts me greatly (ticket gods permitting) if I went with GA. Trouble for me is most of the time I'm the designated driver! 

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Right, and the issue/ risk is that if people start abusing the system they will crack down and be strict on people who have missed it for legitimate reasons. 

It would be very easy for them to track how many tickets are turned over from the coaches and if that number starts climbing they will for sure end up doing something about it. 

6 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Right, and the issue/ risk is that if people start abusing the system they will crack down and be strict on people who have missed it for legitimate reasons. 

It would be very easy for them to track how many tickets are turned over from the coaches and if that number starts climbing they will for sure end up doing something about it. 

Maybe we could agree a forum response to the question then ? As it keeps cropping up