Jimmy Eat World

ScarletBlaster

57 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

New album out 18th October, to my knowledge they've never played the festival. Anyone think they could do it?

Where’s this date from? Seems likely they’ll have a new album out this year as they seem to work on a three year cycle but can’t see anything about it.

2 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I quite like them. Fab bonus earlier this year when they supported Frank Turner

It was when they were supporting Frank Turner that I was referencing they were dire, they were better when I saw them at Reading during the 00s. It's a shame as I really liked the Bleed American album.

Had some of my best gigs at Jimmy Eat World (headline tour 2016, headlining Slam Dunk 2018. 20+ songs surrounded by fans who were into it) and some of my worst  (Leeds 2014: altercation with some lads. Frank Turner support this year: surrounded by frank turner fans). Dunno if I'd really want them on the farm. Tbh they're not a band that works on a festival conveyor belt.

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

If they're in the country around Glasto they may well end up on the Hella Mega Tour or whatever its called.

Why would they? The tour is heavily loaded as it is and the support isn't gonna be someone that big. I'd prefer it if they announce The Interrupters who is the US opening act as the UK ones once their tour is done.

For anyone fans of Jimmy they are playing in Kingston, London(ish) next month. It's being arranged by the local independent record shop;https://www.banquetrecords.com/jimmy-eat-world/pryzm/JEW191019

2 minutes ago, jump said:

Why would they? The tour is heavily loaded as it is and the support isn't gonna be someone that big. I'd prefer it if they announce The Interrupters who is the US opening act as the UK ones once their tour is done.

For anyone fans of Jimmy they are playing in Kingston, London(ish) next month. It's being arranged by the local independent record shop;https://www.banquetrecords.com/jimmy-eat-world/pryzm/JEW191019

Tbh I think it was a weird auto connect in my head because someone said about them playing Glastonbury and these gigs being the same weekend. There's no real life reason to put them together at all.

That said if someone that big or similar was the support I wouldn't be too surprised.

19 hours ago, jump said:

Fwiw this appears to be about a half set. Apparently they’re going to be playing at ~8 and curfew is 9.

I think I’m going to wait and hope they do an actual gig/tour

14 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

What do you think about the other gigs? Sheffield is 900 capacity...tempted to go!

I’m not sure, I just had half a look at the London one because it’s part of a series that the record shop does with artists releasing new albums. 

My guess would be if the ticket price seems appropriate for a “proper” gig, it probably is. London was £24 for the LP and a ticket