Jump to content
ScarletBlaster

Jimmy Eat World

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

New album out 18th October, to my knowledge they've never played the festival. Anyone think they could do it?

Played it in 2011. I couldn't imagine them appearing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Played it in 2011. I couldn't imagine them appearing again.

Ah thanks, looks like a pretty good set!

Any reason you think they wouldn't return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have were absolutely dire when I saw them this year, it's best to avoid them imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

New album out 18th October, to my knowledge they've never played the festival. Anyone think they could do it?

Where’s this date from? Seems likely they’ll have a new album out this year as they seem to work on a three year cycle but can’t see anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Ah thanks, looks like a pretty good set!

Any reason you think they wouldn't return?

Just don't seem like a band that are likely to return, given that most similar bands - just as you assumed about Jimmy Eat World - have never appeared at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I quite like them. Fab bonus earlier this year when they supported Frank Turner

It was when they were supporting Frank Turner that I was referencing they were dire, they were better when I saw them at Reading during the 00s. It's a shame as I really liked the Bleed American album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some JP slot for them or are they another one of these bands which demand high slots wherever they go due to a hit album from a long forgotten era?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Where’s this date from? Seems likely they’ll have a new album out this year as they seem to work on a three year cycle but can’t see anything about it.

Latest issue of Kerrang has an interview with Jim. Album is called Surviving! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Latest issue of Kerrang has an interview with Jim. Album is called Surviving! 

Awesome. Thought Integrity Blues was one of their best albums so hoping they can keep up the trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some of my best gigs at Jimmy Eat World (headline tour 2016, headlining Slam Dunk 2018. 20+ songs surrounded by fans who were into it) and some of my worst  (Leeds 2014: altercation with some lads. Frank Turner support this year: surrounded by frank turner fans). Dunno if I'd really want them on the farm. Tbh they're not a band that works on a festival conveyor belt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Some JP slot for them or are they another one of these bands which demand high slots wherever they go due to a hit album from a long forgotten era?

Considering they were a support act for Frank Turner I doubt they're too fussy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are responsible for some of the most seminal albums of my musical life but I can't say I've listened to them much lately. I've always enjoyed them live though and would watch them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the new song, sax at the end caught me by surprise. Couple of album release shows announced, might wander over to the sheffield leadmill one, somehow never seen them despite having The Middle intro stuck in my head for nearly 20 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they're in the country around Glasto they may well end up on the Hella Mega Tour or whatever its called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1986 said:

If they're in the country around Glasto they may well end up on the Hella Mega Tour or whatever its called.

Why would they? The tour is heavily loaded as it is and the support isn't gonna be someone that big. I'd prefer it if they announce The Interrupters who is the US opening act as the UK ones once their tour is done.

 

For anyone fans of Jimmy they are playing in Kingston, London(ish) next month. It's being arranged by the local independent record shop;https://www.banquetrecords.com/jimmy-eat-world/pryzm/JEW191019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jump said:

Why would they? The tour is heavily loaded as it is and the support isn't gonna be someone that big. I'd prefer it if they announce The Interrupters who is the US opening act as the UK ones once their tour is done.

 

For anyone fans of Jimmy they are playing in Kingston, London(ish) next month. It's being arranged by the local independent record shop;https://www.banquetrecords.com/jimmy-eat-world/pryzm/JEW191019

Tbh I think it was a weird auto connect in my head because someone said about them playing Glastonbury and these gigs being the same weekend. There's no real life reason to put them together at all.

That said if someone that big or similar was the support I wouldn't be too surprised.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jump said:

Why would they? The tour is heavily loaded as it is and the support isn't gonna be someone that big. I'd prefer it if they announce The Interrupters who is the US opening act as the UK ones once their tour is done.

 

For anyone fans of Jimmy they are playing in Kingston, London(ish) next month. It's being arranged by the local independent record shop;https://www.banquetrecords.com/jimmy-eat-world/pryzm/JEW191019

Fwiw this appears to be about a half set. Apparently they’re going to be playing at ~8 and curfew is 9.

I think I’m going to wait and hope they do an actual gig/tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, evannn said:

Fwiw this appears to be about a half set. Apparently they’re going to be playing at ~8 and curfew is 9.

I think I’m going to wait and hope they do an actual gig/tour

What do you think about the other gigs? Sheffield is 900 capacity...tempted to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

What do you think about the other gigs? Sheffield is 900 capacity...tempted to go!

I’m not sure, I just had half a look at the London one because it’s part of a series that the record shop does with artists releasing new albums. 

My guess would be if the ticket price seems appropriate for a “proper” gig, it probably is. London was £24 for the LP and a ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...