Hurricane/Southside Festival 2020

Hullabaloo92

Since Rock am Ring / Rock im Park already have their own thread, we should have another one for the second largest double-festival in Germany :)

Apparently "SEEED"  (are they actually a thing outside german speaking countries?) were already announced as the first headliner in june.

Any ideas what could be around in mid june 2020?

If Muse are going to play festivals next year, they should probably be nailed for this.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not sure if it's a stunt or not but I'm reading on Ringrocker that the fest sent out newsletters by accident teasing Kings of Leon and Twenty One Pilots. As two of the remaining headliners, one would imagine. 

This was clearly on purpose, maybe a teaser for tomorrow.

Kings of Leon - Seeed - Twenty One Pilots would be super weak. KOL and TOP just played Lollapalooza Berlin one month ago and Seeed are playing like 15 arena shows this fall and even more open air shows next summer. So they need either a fourth headliner (hoping for The Strokes) or a really really strong undercard, but I wouldn't count on that.

@Ken19 @Kusy do you know if Muse have any summer plans for 2020?

Edited by Hullabaloo92

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Simulation Theory tour ended last night according to the caption on the image below.

They ended their Simulation Theory tour, that's true.

But I hope they could do some random festival shows like they did in 2017/2018 when their Drones tour officially ended.

Normally they play every major city (Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich) when they are on tour, but this time they left out northern and southern germany completely, so I thought Hurricane and Southside could be their number one option for a second rund .....but if Muse won't return, well that's too bad for me, then.

@lighthouse If this is true these will be by far the largest names of the festival. If we are lucky, they could add a fourth headliner later like in 2018 ( Arctic Monkeys - Arcade Fire - The Prodigy - Billy Talent) but for now, they will probably not reach the class of 2019 again (Foo Fighters - Mumford & Sons - Die Toten Hosen - The Cure)

Edited by Hullabaloo92

SEEED 

MARTIN GARRIx   

DEICHKIND · 

TWENTY ONE PILOTS 

KINGS OF LEON

ANOTHER HEADLINER COMING SOON

AND:

BRING ME THE HORIZON · THE 1975 · THE HIVES · KONTRA K · SDP · RIN
VON WEGEN LISBETH · GIANT ROOKS · KUMMER · SWISS & DIE ANDERN
JUJU · KITSCHKRIEG · NURA · FERDINAND AND LEFT BOY
WHILE SHE SLEEPS · AURORA · SOFI TUKKER · MINE · LARI LUKE
WOLF ALICE · BLOND · MIYA FOLICK

day splits for the headliners

https://www.hurricane.de/en/

https://www.southside.de/de/

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Martin Garrix is so out of place there. I don't get that booking

They usually book one large electronic act to close the second stage like they did with Steve Aoki or Axwell ^Ingrosso in the last recent years.

@The_Preach No, the headliners won't sub eachother. Each of those six will close one of the two bigger stages (Green and Blue). Seeed, Deichkind and Kings of Leon should play on the larger of the two (Green) and Martin Garrix, Twenty One Pilots and the tba on the other one (Blue). Red and White are the two other smaller stages.

I think the reason for this kind of new direction is that they couldn't even sell out a single day tis year with headliners like Foo Fighters, Mumford & Sons, Die Toten Hosen and The Cure while a more pop-oriented festival like Lollapalooza Berlin was a huge success this year, so they are trying to copy it.

But they forget that this festival won't take place in a big city like Berlin :P

Any Idea for the missing headliner? Lana del Rey maybe?

17 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

They usually book one large electronic act to close the second stage like they did with Steve Aoki or Axwell ^Ingrosso in the last recent years.

@The_Preach No, the headliners won't sub eachother. Each of those six will close one of the two bigger stages (Green and Blue). Seeed, Deichkind and Kings of Leon should play on the larger of the two (Green) and Martin Garrix, Twenty One Pilots and the tba on the other one (Blue). Red and White are the two other smaller stages.

I think the reason for this kind of new direction is that they couldn't even sell out a single day tis year with headliners like Foo Fighters, Mumford & Sons, Die Toten Hosen and The Cure while a more pop-oriented festival like Lollapalooza Berlin was a huge success this year, so they are trying to copy it.

But they forget that this festival won't take place in a big city like Berlin :P

Any Idea for the missing headliner? Lana del Rey maybe?

I’d expect the missing headliner to be a huge name. Has to be plenty if budget left over....Coldplay?