DavidB

DavidBee

Short answer is "don't take too much" :)

You can get away quite happily with a big ol' rucksack, your tent, a chair (if that's your bag) and booze.  Trolleys are a no-no. If the coach is approaching capacity and you've got an excessive amount, they can feasibly get you to abandon some gear.

I go coach with an army surplus bergen and squeeze everything apart from my tent into that. Tent is then hand luggage

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah just take less with you ?

Half your luggage must be waterproofs...

Sorry @DavidBee, should explain there's a long running joke that Nal is known in these parts as being almost terminally pessimistic about the weather every single year :)

Edited by Quark

28 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

I'm considering coach too this time and wanted to know, does everyone in the same booking group need to get the same coach? (I assume this is the case). As we're having discussions around which day to go.

Yeah, all the same. If it's an option - Wednesday. Thursday is (supposedly) slightly easier to get tickets for if you get through. 

Wednesday is such a good day though. I drive down and can't go till the Thursday next year.

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah, all the same. If it's an option - Wednesday. Thursday is (supposedly) slightly easier to get tickets for if you get through. 

Wednesday is such a good day though. I drive down and can't go till the Thursday next year.

I'm having this conundrum myself. There's three of us trying to get tickets from Glasgow. We're definitely going for the coach sale, the issue is that I have to decide if I'm happy to settle for a Thursday coach ticket. It seems worse from Glasgow, as Ive had no luck discovering what time the buses leave, and if it's not until 9am, we wouldn't arrive until 7pm Thursday evening ? Obviously better than no ticket though... If it was a overnight bus arriving Thursday AM it wouldn't be so bad. 

Also, I think at least one the two friends in question might prefer going down on Thursday... 

What to do????

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm having this conundrum myself. There's three of us trying to get tickets from Glasgow. We're definitely going for the coach sale, the issue is that I have to decide if I'm happy to settle for a Thursday coach ticket. It seems worse from Glasgow, as Ive had no luck discovering what time the buses leave, and if it's not until 9am, we wouldn't arrive until 7pm Thursday evening ? Obviously better than no ticket though... If it was a overnight bus arriving Thursday AM it wouldn't be so bad. 

Also, I think at least one the two friends in question might prefer going down on Thursday... 

What to do????

Maybe see if you can get a Thursday ticket from somewhere closer? 

Make the journey from Glasgow to a closer coach station on the Wednesday and stay somewhere overnight

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

What to do????

After last year, I'd take 7pm Thursday! Convince your friends that Wednesday is the way forward.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, Quark said:

Short answer is "don't take too much" :)

You can get away quite happily with a big ol' rucksack, your tent, a chair (if that's your bag) and booze.  Trolleys are a no-no. If the coach is approaching capacity and you've got an excessive amount, they can feasibly get you to abandon some gear.

I go coach with an army surplus bergen and squeeze everything apart from my tent into that. Tent is then hand luggage

Our group are planning on trying for coach tickets, what’s the atmosphere like on the coach? Don’t know if I can be dealing with a frantic raving looney party esque coach on the way down. 

5 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Our group are planning on trying for coach tickets, what’s the atmosphere like on the coach? Don’t know if I can be dealing with a frantic raving looney party esque coach on the way down. 

I've been on the coach from different locations and id never describe it as a frantic party bus. People sometimes open a couple of tinnies when they get near the site and you may get a few chats with the people in adjacent seats, but that's it really... It's nice and friendly and everyone is excited but it's definitely not a pre-festival rave!

Although, I think in 2016 when people were stuck on their for hours it forged more of a community spirit!

On 9/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, gmb1992 said:

Take the journey from Glasgow to a closer coach station on the Wednesday and stay somewhere overnight

Yeh, this might be a good shout. My friend thinks that from Glasgow we have more chance as no one would choose to get the bus from here if they didn't have to...but there may also just be fewer buses so who knows

On 9/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, vintagelaureate said:

After last year, I'd take 7pm Thursday! Convince your friends that Wednesday is the way forward.

Yeh, I think we've agreed to go for Wednesday in the first instance. It's just what happens in the hear of the moment when only Thursday is available... I'm sure I'll end up going for it if they're Infront of me, but I know if we then get general sale tickets for our friends I'll be so annoyed on the Wednesday when they're there and I'm not!

But all that really matters is being there at all I suppose!

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I've been on the coach from different locations and id never describe it as a frantic party bus. People sometimes open a couple of tinnies when they get near the site and you may get a few chats with the people in adjacent seats, but that's it really... It's nice and friendly and everyone is excited but it's definitely not a pre-festival rave!

Although, I think in 2016 when people were stuck on their for hours it forged more of a community spirit!

Cheers for the info ?