KYE42

KYE42

Want to go to Glasto this year but can only make the Sat and Sun.

How difficult is it to camp arriving on the Sat? Guessing all the sites would be pretty full. Would it be worth “glamping” then I’d have a tent all ready when I get there ?

Anyone else just been for part of the festival?

It is obviously completely up to you if you think going for 2 days out of a 5 day festival is worth it, for me in terms of Glastonbury it's not as the first couple of days are my favorite before the music even starts. 

I would recommend staying somewhere with pre-pitched options as you don't want to waste any time putting up your tent etc 

Also I'd try and get there Friday night if possible as then you can wake up there Saturday and have 2 full days.

Yes there will still be a goodly amount of space to camp in the western fringes if you come for the weekend only.....and yes people do do just that. I would question though if it's value for money, especially if you throw in glamping! I'd urge you to try and get there Friday at the latest otherwise you're missing so so much.

For those who have never done GF, it's massive and far far bigger than the 6 stages shown on tv. There's over 100 venues and may of these begin to kick in Wednesday evening onwards. Add to this the Healing Fields, Green Furtures, Theatre, Circus, Cabaret, all the stalls etc., 2 days won't even scratch the surface.