Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mumzilla

Fire in our house! But Bellvís poster survives!

Recommended Posts

I’ve had a few Glastonbury related disasters- wheel fallen off camper van- not getting tickets- water through the teepee- but tonight we have had a survival! Fire in the house- but this poster was intact unlike the roof and our bedroom! 0ADEDBFA-1200-4A36-8646-99E036CA55D6.thumb.jpeg.a78dea2b69c4ec8b28e0a142c20c4d28.jpeg

BEEC926F-B955-4C82-B372-C601D6BD418D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is fine. The fire brigade think that it was caused by sun reflecting on a make up mirror which reflected the heat  to the chair in front of the dressing table- which then caught fire. The bedroom door was shut and the heat built up and an aerosol exploded which blew the door off and caused damage to the roof.  Unbelievable! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to hear that everyone is safe. I hope the insurance company (if you are insured) don't mess you about with a claim. 

I've read about a few house fires being caused by sun light reflecting off mirrors and glass objects. It's scary territory.

Just to add - I've got one of those posters too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mumzilla said:

Everyone is fine. The fire brigade think that it was caused by sun reflecting on a make up mirror which reflected the heat  to the chair in front of the dressing table- which then caught fire. The bedroom door was shut and the heat built up and an aerosol exploded which blew the door off and caused damage to the roof.  Unbelievable! 

That actually is very scary!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey, glad you were OK.  That's quite a sequence of events to trigger it, like some sort of sinister Rube Goldberg machine :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I guess that I'm missing something here though?

that accurate spelling isn't his first priority right now...? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crumbs ... this wasn't the kind of fire starter we needed this year ... good to hear everyone is ok 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that accurate spelling isn't his first priority right now...? :P

 

I'm guessing that it wont be in the mumzilla household. I was referencing CaledonianGonzo's post. I'm unaware (as per usual) of what it meant / referred to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shock. I think all that most definitely qualifies you for the Ticket Gods to be extra kind in a couple of weeks Xxx

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...