Rock Im Park/Rock Am Ring 2020

BlackFoxx

Yeah, it's a bit later than previous years. We had wave 2&3 in November last year, so the second wave could be imminent. However the market seems a bit unpredictable this year, lots of festivals are late...

As for the new names, I wouldn't rule out a few names from Slam Dunk (e.g. Sum 41, NOFX + few smaller names). Gojira seems logical as they support Korn and have no dates announced for RaR/RiP weekend either. Plus bands from Nova Rock - Alter Bridge, Skillet, etc.

Hope we know more soon ?

Edited by Ferda

If we count 4 main names per day, it makes 12 (headliners and sub-headliners of the 2 biggest stages). I think we already have 8 : System Of A Down, Volbeat, Green Day, KoRn, Billy Talent, Broilers, Disturbed, The Offspring. Maybe 9 with Trailerpark. 

About Faith No More, they announced already shows from June 10th (Manchester, Uk) until July 10th (Lisbon, Por), not sure they'll be already in Europe the weekend before for Rock Am Ring. They only played once at RaR: in 1995. They could headline the second stage if they come I think.

For the other names, I guess we'll get: Alter Bridge, Sum 41, Gojira, BabyMetal, Enter Shikari, Skillet, Jimmy Eat World, Steel Panther, Airbourne, Danko Jones, Body Count, The Pretty Reckless, Black Veil Brides, Thy Art Is Murder, Fire From The Gods... We still need to have about 55 bands!

As for now, I would expect something like this:

(!) = already confirmed for the specific day

(?) = guesswork, not yet confirmed

The others should make sense in some kind of way....

Friday Rock am Ring/Saturday Rock im Park:

Volcano: Volbeat(!) - Billy Talent(!) - (Alter Bridge?) - (Wolfmother?) - (Danko Jones?)

Crater: (AnnenMayKantereit?) - Bilderbuch - (Editors/Keane?) - Wanda - Bosse - (Faber?)

Saturday Rock am Ring/Sunday Rock im Park:

Volcano: Green Day(!) - Broilers - The Offspring - Weezer(!) - Yungblud - (Frank Carter & the Rattle Snakes?)

Crater: Korn(!) - Heaven Shall Burn - tba - (Babymetal?) - (Gojira?)

Sunday Rock am Ring/Friday Rock im Park:

Volcano: System of A Down(!) - Disturbed(!) - Deftones(!)

Crater: tba? - Trailerpark - (257ers?) - Trettmann

New bands announced:

Alter Bridge, Rea Garvey, Airbourne, NF, Royal Republic, Babymetal, Eskimo Callboy, Skillet, SSIO, Bush, Refused, The Pretty Reckless, Gojira, Black Veil Brides, Seasick Steve, Schmutzki, Gang Of Youths, Baroness, We Came As Romans, Neffex, Devin Townsend, Toxpack, Amaranthe, Wage War, The Menzingers, Boston Manor, Ego Kill Talent, Stone Broken, Creeper, Tempt

There's usually been a few British Indie type bands in past lineups, do you think there is still room for them or have they moved away from that type of booking? I went in 2014 and it had kasabian, editors, fratellis, kaiser cheifs etc. I enjoyed the small breaks from the heavy rock/metal.

Also is there a reason for Fall Out Boy not being on the Lineup even though they are touring with Green Day and Weezer?

1 hour ago, pedroscot said:

There's usually been a few British Indie type bands in past lineups, do you think there is still room for them or have they moved away from that type of booking? I went in 2014 and it had kasabian, editors, fratellis, kaiser cheifs etc. I enjoyed the small breaks from the heavy rock/metal.

Also is there a reason for Fall Out Boy not being on the Lineup even though they are touring with Green Day and Weezer?

I think there's chance of 1-2 indie bands to be added in 3rd wave, but they started to book German hiphop instead indie acts lately so don't hope for big names.

FOB are joining GD+Weezer for Hella Mega after RaR weekend, they are not around. They might technically appear at RaR/RiP but I don't see the reason to hold them back

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I’m looking to go to this festival for the first time this year. The only tickets available are weekend camping tickets. We want to stay in the town and go back and forth to the festival. Does anyone know if we can leave the park each day and get back in the next morning on these tickets? No other tickets are available. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me x

30 minutes ago, Vedder13 said:

Hi, I’m looking to go to this festival for the first time this year. The only tickets available are weekend camping tickets. We want to stay in the town and go back and forth to the festival. Does anyone know if we can leave the park each day and get back in the next morning on these tickets? No other tickets are available. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me x

of course you can with the bracelet you get, haven't check this year but last year on the ring there was an option to choose tickets without camping that also cost around 50 Euro less I think but in the park where I was there wasn't that option 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Archi said:

3 Doors Down, KC Rebell & Summer Cem, The Distillers, Digitalism, Daughtry, Jake Bugg, Boys Noize, Genetikk, Don Broco, Dirty Honey, Poppy, Kafvka, Donna Missal und Fire From The Gods

Rock am Ring Saturday looks pretty weak to me, except Billy Talent and SOAD.. but the 2 other days are GOLD ! :D it'll be my first RaR, I hope camping area is great as well !

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

Rock am Ring Saturday looks pretty weak to me, except Billy Talent and SOAD.. but the 2 other days are GOLD ! :D it'll be my first RaR, I hope camping area is great as well !

Friday : Volbeat - Disturbed - Alter Bridge - TrailerPark... (24)
Saturday: System Of A Down - Billy Talent - KoRn - Airbourne... (18)
Sunday: Green Day - Broilers - Deftones - The Offspring... (24)

Friday and Sunday are almost full (maybe 1 or 2 bands missing). Saturday needs at least 7 other acts and I hope one big one is missing... System Of A Down is a good headliner. Billy Talent is huge there so they should play sub-headliner or headliner the second stage and KoRn always had a great success at Rock Am Ring. But Airboune as number 4? It's a bit cheap.

5 hours ago, Archi said:

Friday : Volbeat - Disturbed - Alter Bridge - TrailerPark... (24)
Saturday: System Of A Down - Billy Talent - KoRn - Airbourne... (18)
Sunday: Green Day - Broilers - Deftones - The Offspring... (24)

Friday and Sunday are almost full (maybe 1 or 2 bands missing). Saturday needs at least 7 other acts and I hope one big one is missing... System Of A Down is a good headliner. Billy Talent is huge there so they should play sub-headliner or headliner the second stage and KoRn always had a great success at Rock Am Ring. But Airboune as number 4? It's a bit cheap.

Airbourne opened the main stage last time they played and didn't grow much since. I am sure more names are coming for Saturday. Volbeat day is the weakest from my POV, I am not a fan of Disturbed at all, so hoping for a decent 3rd stage line-up. HC/metalcore bands focus would be great, the day split is promising in this regard...

• 1 month later...