Flag idea

MetaKate

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think we reached peak flag in about 2014, and the last two fests have had a marked decline to the point where there are now only a few knocking around most of the time and they do add a bit of character. They used to really aggravate me, especially a lot of the really obnoxious, racist undertones and outright sexist anti-Kanye flags that all the edgelords seemed to bring in 2015, but these days I find it useful to use Men With Ven as a landmark when it's the only one around.

Now it's flares.. 

I took a flag once, mostly because I'd seen plenty and thought it would be a fun idea the next time we all went and wanted to meet up etc, but it was just such an arse-ache carrying it all in, carrying it around the campsite, into the crowds, having to hold on to it during the gigs (it makes it very hard to dance when you're attached to a 10 foot length of bamboo poles), and to top it all off I had the underlying feeling I was just pissing people off behind me, or if I let the flag drop or whatever. 

It's not hard to organise with mates and that to meet 15 mins outside the fallafel stand after the end of such-and-such gig, or next to the ice cream van at the back of West Holts at half seven... I know it's square to plan and we all want to be free, but fuck me, flags are a bore and waste of time

14 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Now it's flares..

Personally, it was Muse where I was deffo too close to a flare.

I mean a proper hand held lifeboat flare. Not just a big candle, or the better type of lifeboat flare that shoots onto the sky, does the recognised boom, timed delay,  then boom with a huge flash of colour in the sky that means "Here We Are. Lifeboat Now" 'round my (coastal) way.

Didn't want to be too close to that. I couldn't escape. Was kind of forced towards it. My thoughts all got a bit Wicker Man.

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Björn Again and Barry Gibb are to blame

Oh : Now I get the flares joke. '70s trousers on extended fishing poles it is then.

Way less dangerous.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Personally, it was Muse where I was deffo too close to a flare.

I mean a proper hand held lifeboat flare. Not just a big candle, or the better type of lifeboat flare that shoots onto the sky, does the recognised boom, timed delay,  then boom with a huge flash of colour in the sky that means "Here We Are. Lifeboat Now" 'round my (coastal) way.

Didn't want to be too close to that. I couldn't escape. Was kind of forced towards it. My thoughts all got a bit Wicker Man.

Oh : Now I get the flares joke. '70s trousers on extended fishing poles it is then.

Way less dangerous.

Yes old son.. Lolololololol 

• Upvote 1