Flag idea

MetaKate

4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why do people take such issue with flags? At the distance it will impact you then you are barely seeing whoever is on stage anyway. Also I think it adds to the atmosphere and looks good- wouldn't look like Glasto without them imo

I've no idea - I like them!

We should probably have a discussion about it.

Someone should start a topic.

Maybe even a poll!

9 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why do people take such issue with flags? At the distance it will impact you then you are barely seeing whoever is on stage anyway. Also I think it adds to the atmosphere and looks good- wouldn't look like Glasto without them imo

OK so your point is that from a distance you can't see the stage Yea.. 

1..With flags and NOT to far from the stage 

2...roughly same distance from same stage with out flags.. 

image.jpg.29794e5fca24b91eb6c40540eacf99f1.jpg

piramide.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

This thread reminds me of when I was trying to meet @vintagelaureate at the Chems when I had a few issues distinguishing between a Chilean Flag and a Cuban Flag ... sufice to say I went to the wrong one and we never did meet :( ... bloody flags !! im sure im not the first to get confused about them :) 

I think we reached peak flag in about 2014, and the last two fests have had a marked decline to the point where there are now only a few knocking around most of the time and they do add a bit of character. They used to really aggravate me, especially a lot of the really obnoxious, racist undertones and outright sexist anti-Kanye flags that all the edgelords seemed to bring in 2015, but these days I find it useful to use Men With Ven as a landmark when it's the only one around.

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think we reached peak flag in about 2014, and the last two fests have had a marked decline to the point where there are now only a few knocking around most of the time and they do add a bit of character. They used to really aggravate me, especially a lot of the really obnoxious, racist undertones and outright sexist anti-Kanye flags that all the edgelords seemed to bring in 2015, but these days I find it useful to use Men With Ven as a landmark when it's the only one around.

2009 was even worse IMHO.

i can see both sides of the flag issue (when the wind blows)...

...no, seriously, the only way i found my team in the Chemmies with three pints in hand was cos they happened to be standing under the fat pig flag - i left to get my round in (showing my age) and there was practically no-one there but when i got back it was like Wembley 1966 cup final . Got to say, nearly everyone in the crowd was amazing and helped me out