Needing help please

Sally1999

On 9/18/2019 at 4:34 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

I have exactly this issue, but I know mine comes from an intensive hour or so messing about testing how often you could load the site before getting the Busy Page of Doom. They seem to have marked my IP as some sort of DDOS attack, and now Family BSR can't access any part of seetickets.com on our normal wifi, but it loads fine if we use 4G or go through a VPN. It sounds like that may have happened to you, although I'd have thought they'd be able to tell you that at their end. Equally the suggestion of malware seems very odd if you aren't finding any other website addressses being affected.

Hi could you tell how you manage to get on site using vpn I’ve looked it up but unsure is it like a down load sorry if I sound stupid 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, incident said:

It's a strange problem and probably very difficult to diagnose remotely which will be why you're not getting a lot of suggestions here. If I've read this right - it's happening on every device connected to your wifi, and only happens when they use your wifi?

In that case the only common factors here will be your wireless router and your ISP with the router being by far the more likely culprit - it may help to delve into the router settings and see if anything jumps out as obvious - but how much you can see and/or change can vary dramatically by router and by how much your provider has locked down. As an extreme option you could try doing a factory reset on it, but you'll need to re-setup certain things (how much exactly will vary).

Personally I'd say if you've got a friend who's reasonably techie, drag them in to check it out. I think it's likely to be one of those problems that needs to be seen first hand.

if you have a friend who is reasonably techie then i'd point the ugly finger of suspicion at them! sounds like your router is trapping the URL...

4 hours ago, bullie said:

if you have a friend who is reasonably techie then i'd point the ugly finger of suspicion at them! sounds like your router is trapping the URL...

It doesn't. She posted a traceroute a few posts later, it's getting as far as the web host.