Needing help please

Sally1999

So just been on my macbook and tapped in seeticket .com registration and page would not open after a few seconds it said safari could not open due to server tried on iPhone same problem checked virgin internet all ok 

So in panic mode telephoned see tickets no problem there end then phoned virgin all okay there end.

Ive tried all sorts but seeticket page will not open every other pages opens fine its just see tickets 

Ive tapped in www.seetickets.com on safari and google chrome and it takes a few seconds and then says server cannot be found 

Really need help please I've looked it up and it said about changing DNS setting but no joy i had this problem once before with on line banking using my macbook 

Could someone please help

Edited by Sally1999

Actually I've been a member since 2014 but forgot my log in details so asked my question through F/B and i have also took part in a few discussions and have spoke to a few members over the years even helping on ticket day so trolling/sacastic NO

But to my disbelief i cannot access see tickets at all and to be honest some how I've had malware spamed some how from see tickets site so i cannot access there site by wifi only in 4G after spending all day in conversation with Virgin / See tickets /Glastonbury i should soon be able to connect 

Actually this is some use full information and i certainly hope my fate of this does not rub off on to you Lycra

1 hour ago, Sally1999 said:

Actually I've been a member since 2014 but forgot my log in details so asked my question through F/B and i have also took part in a few discussions and have spoke to a few members over the years even helping on ticket day so trolling/sacastic NO

But to my disbelief i cannot access see tickets at all and to be honest some how I've had malware spamed some how from see tickets site so i cannot access there site by wifi only in 4G after spending all day in conversation with Virgin / See tickets /Glastonbury i should soon be able to connect 

Actually this is some use full information and i certainly hope my fate of this does not rub off on to you Lycra

I think Lycra was referring to the actual troller in the thread (hint - it's not you  ?)

I seem to recall someone had a similar issue last year, but for the life of me I can't find the thread.  I think at that point, he/she had been testing the thresholds of the refreshes per minute and seemed to get temporarily blacklisted - if I remember right, they were de-blacklisted after a few days.

It was only me trying for tickets last year and site crashed as soon as I went on I had no refresher just sore finger from ponding f5 so volunteered with Oxfam as luck of ticket day ran out

But so strange have not been on seetickets since then so if they blacklisted my IP address it’s been all this time

couldnt even go on anything that was see tickets not even customer service 

I know I panicked last night but hopefully it will be sorted very soon

sorry Lycra

Edited by Sally1999

It's a strange problem and probably very difficult to diagnose remotely which will be why you're not getting a lot of suggestions here. If I've read this right - it's happening on every device connected to your wifi, and only happens when they use your wifi?

In that case the only common factors here will be your wireless router and your ISP with the router being by far the more likely culprit - it may help to delve into the router settings and see if anything jumps out as obvious - but how much you can see and/or change can vary dramatically by router and by how much your provider has locked down. As an extreme option you could try doing a factory reset on it, but you'll need to re-setup certain things (how much exactly will vary).

Personally I'd say if you've got a friend who's reasonably techie, drag them in to check it out. I think it's likely to be one of those problems that needs to be seen first hand.

Hi yes WiFi and lan connection do not connect to see tickets tried different browsers and various laptops but works only on phone 4G

Virgin tried today doing hard reset on router taking off security still nothing then they suggested changing IP address but this takes a few days they said the site can send malware trogons or something like that

i contacted see tickets/Glastonbury for there help and they are looking into to this

but really cannot understand it don’t really know anyone techno so really hope it gets sorted

Edited by Sally1999

Hi Sally, yes I was taking a swipe at the troller. There is no need for their comments whatsever or the those who discharge it. Thanks to merago to coming to my defence. Now back to your problem.

Following the prompts in the thread I recall I had a similar problem 3 or more years ago which was caused by a malware bug infecting the router. This altered DNS's. It was very frustrating at the time and initially my ISP (BT) was no help. Their "offshore" technical advisor insisted routers could not be infected by bugs. After independent advice I asked to be put in contact with a UK based engineer who not only confirmed they could but also helped solve the problem. Your issue may not be the same but routers can become infected and when they do they cause major problems.

Edited by Lycra

Hi Lycra thank you for your reply 

virgin told me yesterday to cable my laptop to router for a brief seconds I was able to get onto see tickets site that’s when they said about the malware infection thing He said for me to wait till Monday the 23rd and they will do something in there tech department and mentioned IPS address so hopefully it be sorted but cannot be sure

would getting a new IP address help or new router so frustrating and panicking with ticket day approaching 

Edited by Sally1999

If Lycra's suggestion of DNS poisoning on the router is correct, you could get around it by changing the DNS settings (and only the DNS settings) to use a public DNS server, such as Google, that way you'd be bypassing the router's poisoned DNS.  Another alternative would be to change the router so that it gives out Google's public DNS to connected devices.  Id be tempted to see if Virgin would be able to replace the router, or at least verify 100% for you that it's not been compromised. 

I'm afraid I'm not much cop with Macs to tell you how to manually set a DNS server.  I'm sure someone on here will know their way around them though. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, Sally1999 said:

So just been on my macbook and tapped in seeticket .com registration and page would not open after a few seconds it said safari could not open due to server tried on iPhone same problem checked virgin internet all ok 

So in panic mode telephoned see tickets no problem there end then phoned virgin all okay there end.

Ive tried all sorts but seeticket page will not open every other pages opens fine its just see tickets 

Ive tapped in www.seetickets.com on safari and google chrome and it takes a few seconds and then says server cannot be found 

Really need help please I've looked it up and it said about changing DNS setting but no joy i had this problem once before with on line banking using my macbook 

Could someone please help

I have exactly this issue, but I know mine comes from an intensive hour or so messing about testing how often you could load the site before getting the Busy Page of Doom. They seem to have marked my IP as some sort of DDOS attack, and now Family BSR can't access any part of seetickets.com on our normal wifi, but it loads fine if we use 4G or go through a VPN. It sounds like that may have happened to you, although I'd have thought they'd be able to tell you that at their end. Equally the suggestion of malware seems very odd if you aren't finding any other website addressses being affected.

• Like 1

Well it’s only been me trying and two laptops not very computer just use internet for eBay amazon sometimes takeaway I don’t have files and was only shown 4 months ago how to group my save photos together pdf thing so I have never worked to get tickets in groups and 2017 went to Glastonbury on my own 2019 worked for Oxfam so why I got blocked who knows fed up virgin blaming website and see tickets blaming virgin I don’t know at least I can get on Oxfam site don’t really have choose and certainly don’t know anyone who got computer knowledge 

the thing is there’s something in me that I love Glastonbury and get excited and I suppose like others here it’s the place I have to go to just got it in me so when I couldn’t get tickets that Sunday last year by afternoon I emailed every volunteering place even explained I expect you know I’m emailing because I never got a ticket this morning but persevered and volunteered  first time on my own last year

and now the one thing that’s everything i can’t even try so to me that’s wrong and really frustrating 

Edited by Sally1999
Not very good at spelling using phone and iPhone makes its own sentences I really should read what it says before posting

Oh should of said got two tickets for 2017 but daughter could not go so attended on my own sorry I keep going on but so devastated 

i mean 2 laptops with nail vanish on refresh keys so in the mist of things getting confused on that Sunday morning In 2018 so I know what keys to press why block me so I refreshed sometimes in heat of moment pressing wrong keys but that shouldn’t be whether internet or website still wrong really I should of checked earlier but I only go to Glastonbury 

Edited by Sally1999

Sally, can you try following the instructions on this page on your Mac?

http://www.macinstruct.com/node/434

Try the settings for Google DNS - then close and reopen your Web Browser and try the seetickets site again.

If it doesn't change anything, make sure to remove the settings (ie the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 part) so that they don't confuse the issue later on.

11 hours ago, incident said:

Sally, can you try following the instructions on this page on your Mac?

http://www.macinstruct.com/node/434

Try the settings for Google DNS - then close and reopen your Web Browser and try the seetickets site again.

If it doesn't change anything, make sure to remove the settings (ie the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 part) so that they don't confuse the issue later on.

Hi tried several times but no luck but it’s not just my Mac it’s the windows laptop as well iPhone and my children has came over with there laptops iPad and we can’t access site of see tickets

virgin engineer been and said and showed me that when I send signal it’s bouncing back at domain door 

he very doubtful that new hub would make a difference but I don’t know and now facing a bill from virgin as it’s not a broadband issue but more website

Ok, then it sounds like between that and what Virgin have done, you've pretty much comprehensively proven that the problem isn't coming from your devices or router.

One other thing I'd check to make it a bit more conclusive - can you use Network Utility (instructions on this page) to lookup glastonbury.seetickets.com and post the results here?

By process of elimination it seems pretty likely that seetickets are blocking your IP address* for whatever reason, regardless of what they're saying. One possible explanation for this would be if someone else did something naughty in the past and got blocked, then that IP address subsequently got issued to you. I'd E-Mail them back with your IP address and ask them to check again - bear in mind that the front line people answering E-Mails probably aren't going to have a clue about this kind of query, so ask them to pass the query to the people responsible for website security. You can find your IP on this page. Specifically, you're looking for the IPv4 address.

*IP address = think of it like your "location" within the internet, and the main way that seetickets and other sites identify your router. So it's like getting a new phone number and finding you get loads of spam texts on it because someone else had the number in the past and signed up to all kinds of shit.

1 hour ago, incident said:

One other thing I'd check to make it a bit more conclusive - can you use Network Utility (instructions on this page) to lookup glastonbury.seetickets.com and post the results here?

I can't remember if it's happened the last few years, but they definitely used to change the DNS entries very shortly before a sale - so any network info you find out now might not apply at the time of the sale.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Ok, then it sounds like between that and what Virgin have done, you've pretty much comprehensively proven that the problem isn't coming from your devices or router.

By process of elimination it seems pretty likely that seetickets are blocking your IP address* for whatever reason, regardless of what they're saying. One possible explanation for this would be if someone else did something naughty in the past and got blocked, then that IP address subsequently got issued to you. I'd E-Mail them back with your IP address and ask them to check again - bear in mind that the front line people answering E-Mails probably aren't going to have a clue about this kind of query, so ask them to pass the query to the people responsible for website security. You can find your IP on this page. Specifically, you're looking for the IPv4 address.

*IP address = think of it like your "location" within the internet, and the main way that seetickets and other sites identify your router. So it's like getting a new phone number and finding you get loads of spam texts on it because someone else had the number in the past and signed up to all kinds of shit.

Hi just doing the network utility and post results 

im pretty sure the engineer did this this morning and showed me

i received email from see tickets stating they would not of blocked me 

so from there I asked Glastonbury by email to help me and they been fantastic they asked me to go onto this site to locate my IP address and screenshot this and sent it back to them by email and they have passed this to see tickets to see I suppose weather I’ve been blocked 

Thank you both for your help will screenshot results on here

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't remember if it's happened the last few years, but they definitely used to change the DNS entries very shortly before a sale - so any network info you find out now might not apply at the time of the sale.

Hi I will post results when completed I’ve just explained to Incident

please see my comment above to Incident 

Thank you 

Not really sure if that’s what you asked me to do just repeated what the engineer showed me 

can’t find systems library in search options 

so by pressing f5 to refresh can they block you for this surely other people do this as well

Thats all I get on windows MacBook I phone weather I use cable or WiFi different browsers it’s all the same I can load any other site but not this one 

7F20A284-9013-4EAD-B15B-76F8D920589B.jpeg

Edited by Sally1999

Thanks for that.

A traceroute rarely tells the whole story so I wouldn't read anything in to that in itself - I've just run one as a test and it also only gets as far as yours did most likely because the server is behind some form of protection or just configured not to respond.

1 minute ago, Sally1999 said:

Not really sure if that’s what you asked me to do just repeated what the engineer showed me options 

It's not, but don't worry about that as it has the information I'd have been looking at anyway so works just as well.

It looks like you are getting the correct settings for the Seetickets web server, so yeah - you can pretty much rule out a problem with your router or with Virgin - I might be missing something but at this point I can't see how it's anything other than a block set by seetickets or their hosting provider. I think you'll just have to keep on at them (remembering that their customer service staff don't have a clue about anything technical so it's a case of getting the question to the right people), and if you don't get anywhere with that will have to use mobile data on sale day.

• Like 1