Rock for People 2020

Ferda

Looking into this because it really is a fantastic line up at such a low price, have a couple of questions though..

What’s it like getting there from Prague as we’d be flying in - also do you arrive the night before or on the Thursday?

Whats the situation with camping and how much will that cost?

56 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

What’s it like getting there from Prague as we’d be flying in - also do you arrive the night before or on the Thursday?

You can take either train or bus, both take about the same time (1h40min). Trains depart from the main railway station, buses from Florenc bus terminal. I usually take the train which can get really full, so don't be surprised if you end up sitting on the floor :D. In Hradec Králové, a shuttle bus will take you from the station to the festival site (for free). And of course, you can arrive the night before. There's usually the welcome party with a couple of Czech bands playing.

56 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Whats the situation with camping and how much will that cost?

https://rockforpeople.cz/en/kempy/ (the prices may change, those on the website are from the last year)

Edited by Newjem

We are looking forward to this festival.  One thing we are having a hard time finding is transportation information.  One of the few places we found to stay at that's close to the venue is in Pardubice about 30km south.  Never been to Czechia, don't know how public transit is or really what to expect.  I am totally digging this forum though.  Thank you for reading.

10 hours ago, Moff Bodie said:

We are looking forward to this festival.  One thing we are having a hard time finding is transportation information.  One of the few places we found to stay at that's close to the venue is in Pardubice about 30km south.  Never been to Czechia, don't know how public transit is or really what to expect.  I am totally digging this forum though.  Thank you for reading.

The public transport is pretty good and getting from Pardubice to Hradec is piece of cake. Trains & buses run regularly, are quite cheap and take approx. 20mins one way. See the following websites for more info: 
https://www.czechtourism.com/a/transport/ - comprehensive info re transportation in CZ
https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm - the main CZ train operator
https://idos.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni/ this web includes all transport options and you can buy tickets too. It's in Czech only though but Google translate helps.

The challenge will be to get back to Pardubice from the festival as the main program runs until 2pm, but the last train leaves ~0.30 and first one is at ~4.30. However, afterparties at the festival site run till 4am which can help 🙂 Taxis are another option - they are plentiful there and if you are a group of 4 it may be an economical option too. Otherwise, I would suggest considering camping as this is by far the most convenient - the accommodation sale will start in a month, with number of options available, including pre-pitched tents & glamping. It was discussed on this thread already so you can check details in the previous posts.

Enjoy the festival and feel free to come back with any question. This is the purpose of this forum 🙂

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

That’s good news about the shuttle from Hradec Králové to the festival...does it do a return journey too? What is the latest time it leaves?

Edit: I’m stating in Hradec Kravlove itself, near the train station. Is this where the bus leaves from?

Edited by Florabell

24 minutes ago, Florabell said:

Hi everyone,

That’s good news about the shuttle from Hradec Králové to the festival...does it do a return journey too? What is the latest time it leaves?

Edit: I’m stating in Hradec Kravlove itself, near the train station. Is this where the bus leaves from?

Check this link for specific time

http://www.dpmhk.cz/common/cms_files/zmeny_v_doprave/2019/2019_07_03 až 07 Doprava na Rock For People.pdf

It leaves directly from train station with few stops in the city.

There are also plenty of taxis which can take you to the place where you will stay as the night buses are usually pretty crowded, especially right after headliner show.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Florabell said:

Hi everyone,

The shuttle goes both ways, the exact timetable will be available a few weeks before the festival. It goes from main station through the city center to the festival site, it's pretty easy to find the stops.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to attend with friends. Flying from the UK. I have a couple questions. 

How is the travel on the way there and from Prague onwards? 

Are there glamping options available? If so, how much usually? 

When does the campsite usually open? Thursday or the Wednesday? 

1 hour ago, jakecase said:

Check out my or Ferda's posts above. The public transport may not be as luxurious as it is in the UK but it works fine and runs regularly. Also it's really cheap + you can get a little discount when you travel to RfP by train. If you have any specific question feel free to ask.

Apart from the basic camp there are 2 more options:
Tent Hotel - that's just a basic tent (for 2 people) with a mattress and sleeping bags -> https://rockforpeople.cz/en/zazitky/rfp-tent-hotel/
Chill Village - cosy tent for up to 5 people -> https://rockforpeople.cz/en/zazitky/chill-village/

These will be on sale later. The basic camp goes on sale this Friday at 10 AM.

Wednesday. Usually at noon.

Edited by Newjem
  • Upvote 1

Planning to attend with friends. Flying from the UK. I have a couple questions. 

@Newjem answered pretty much everything, so just adding 2019 prices:

320 EUR per Chill Village tent for up to 5 ppl. The pre-pitched tent for 2 was around 100 EUR. I expect prices to go up a bit this year.

Last but not least - be quick to decide as the festival will apparently sell out soon,  according to their social-media channels. Cheaper 3-day named tickets are already gone.

Enjoy!

I have bought weekend tickets to come from the UK. The website is really confusing me, apparently tent hotel has sold out despite me being under the impression it had not gone on sale yet.

We are happy to do the normal camping and bring our own tent but we are unsure about the specifics of this. Is there a limit to the size of tent we can bring? Something on the website says to pay per person for a 3mx3m pitch what does this mean?

Cheers x

4 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

I have bought weekend tickets to come from the UK. The website is really confusing me, apparently tent hotel has sold out despite me being under the impression it had not gone on sale yet.

We are happy to do the normal camping and bring our own tent but we are unsure about the specifics of this. Is there a limit to the size of tent we can bring? Something on the website says to pay per person for a 3mx3m pitch what does this mean?

Cheers x

Tent hotel didn't sell out, it is still not on sale. But don't worry if you already bought the basic camping. It will be possible to change it and you'll only pay the difference in price (for more info, ask them on fb).

I think there is no limit to the size of tent. I've seen people bring tents far larger than they should have.

2 hours ago, kjvffm said:

Cheers x

As @Newjem wrote, glamping will go on sale later, likely end of Feb/early March. It will be announced on their social channels well in advance. If you have a standard camping, it can be upgraded to glamping.

Re tent size - due to limited camping area they want to ensure people are not taking too much space, e.g. having a large teepee for one person. If you have a normal tent you'll be fine. Btw, they are quite responsive on FB, you can always message them to be on a safe side.

Enjoy the festival & feel free to ask any question here

On 1/4/2020 at 3:25 AM, Ferda said:

The challenge will be to get back to Pardubice from the festival as the main program runs until 2am, but the last train leaves ~0.30 and first one is at ~4.30. However, afterparties at the festival site run till 4am which can help 🙂 Taxis are another option - they are plentiful there and if you are a group of 4 it may be an economical option too. Otherwise, I would suggest considering camping as this is by far the most convenient - the accommodation sale will start in a month, with number of options available, including pre-pitched tents & glamping. It was discussed on this thread already so you can check details in the previous posts.

Enjoy the festival and feel free to come back with any question. This is the purpose of this forum 🙂

This festival really goes till 2am?  What time does the headliner start?  

1 hour ago, Moff Bodie said:

This festival really goes till 2am?  What time does the headliner start?  

All headliners started at 11:30pm and ended at 1am last year. There's one more band playing after the headliner (usually electro or rap artist). Green Day will probably start earlier because they tend to play for 2+ hours.

Edited by Newjem

• 1 month later...

Despite the festival is sold out since January the lineup has been completed by several interesting names recently:

- For The Fallen Dreams, Imminence, Deadly Apples, Northlane, Childcare, Wattican Punk Ballet, Ikan Hyu, Kieff, The Faim, Fickle Friends, Cemetery Sun, Bad Nerves, Do Nothing, The Pale White & Spector. Plus bunch of local acts, all here: https://rockforpeople.cz/en/lineup/