Rock for People 2020

Ferda

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

Yes,

18.06 — ???

19.06 — Green Day

20.06 — FOB

B37FCCBB-9FFF-4B18-99F1-AF8C57405FE5.jpeg

I see, not strong for me but it's only 30,000 so I get it. FOB is the one on their tour I don't get for which is why RAR right now is looking a strong option for a first European festival for me. Should The Interrupters who are just as a big a pull for me as Weezer are get announced for RAR later on after their own shoes in January and Green Day tour sells that becomes likely. Given they are with them on tour and only did two Germany shows this year it seems quite likely. 35th RAR anniversary too so it's going to be a good one I'd presume and all 3 headliners interest me.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I bet SOAD are nailed on like most European festivals and then a smaller headliner. 

I think SOAD are unlikely. The last year's headliners were BMTH, Rudimental and Franz Ferdinand so it would be a miracle to get SOAD, GD and FOB with the budget being pretty much same. Also, they won't announce more bands until December (and I'm guessing SOAD will announce their whole tour in September/October).

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Disappointed but not surprised.
Not the worst-case scenario considering they need to compete in booking with Southside/Hurricane, Graspop and Pinkpop.

TBF, they did pretty well so far given the competition with much bigger budgets. HU/SO is weak, Graspop headliners not convincing either (but they have 2 left and GMM thread is hipeful for a big one, which would explain JP), Pinkpop strong but Posty not my cup of tea...

The 1975 is a great booking imho, their Reading headline show was amazing and I guess they will appeal to the festival demographics. Will see tmrw but I am hopeful, the hint is convincing ?

Edited by Ferda
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Petalnick said:

I am really liking the look of this festival and I am debating on going with my husband next year 

We would be flying from Scotland. Is it possible to rent tents when there?  Is it a friendly festival? 

Tent rentals are available, they had several glamping options on sale last year afaik. They are upgrading the site area for 2020 hence the camping goes on sale later (Q1), but I am pretty sure it will be available again. Hotel/Airbnb is a good option too given the festival site is at the outskirts of the city and they provide a free shuttle service to/from town.

I've never had/seen any issue during my 10+ yrs with the festival so I would say it's super friendly and safe. The limited size helps ? 

Some of the tents are visible in the aftermovie, it illustrates the atmosphere pretty well too. Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Tent rentals are available, they had several glamping options on sale last year afaik. They are upgrading the site area for 2020 hence the camping goes on sale later (Q1), but I am pretty sure it will be available again. Hotel/Airbnb is a good option too given the festival site is at the outskirts of the city and they provide a free shuttle service to/from town.

I've never had/seen any issue during my 10+ yrs with the festival so I would say it's super friendly and safe. The limited size helps ? 

Some of the tents are visible in the aftermovie, it illustrates the atmosphere pretty well too. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. Very helpfull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poster with the updated line-up below.

More bands to follow in January, but I wouldn't expect anything major at this point. I reckon we will get bunch of small/new bands from Eurosonic etc., few metal/core acts as line-up is quite light on those and bunch of local smallish acts. Day split is already on the website.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 13.39.53.png

Edited by Ferda