If you booked Glastonbury Poll

madmaninabox

In and event that may shock many people on this forum, I'm posting a link to a survey that has nout to do with coursework. 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MJ3FCCN

Anyone else sick of never seeing the results of these thing? I'll publish the result of this one after 14 days. (1st October)

Basically if it was you instead of Eavis who would you book to headline Glastonbury 2020:. Cheers. 

To clarify approach this as if you are booking the festival. Whilst your favourite bands will probably feature it would be a bit naff to bankrupt Glastonbury to book three bands you could only watch one of anyway :) 

Edited by madmaninabox
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

To clarify... Are you looking for a dream line-up that would please me, or a perfect line-up in terms of pleasing the masses of festival attendees. Of course my dream line-up would ultimately end up being a nightmare due to clashes.

I've done my dream lineup, reading back I have created a clash nightmare

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

To clarify... Are you looking for a dream line-up that would please me, or a perfect line-up in terms of pleasing the masses of festival attendees. Of course my dream line-up would ultimately end up being a nightmare due to clashes.

Either. Although you are in the position of booking the festival, so your dream line up could run the risk of  very low ticket sales the year after whereas as something more pragmatic might be more sensible. 

You don't want to bankrupt the festival so it never happens again for example.

5 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Done, I agree with @maelzoid I would have liked a question about the legends spot. I look forward to the results!

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No legend spot question?

Sorry, stupid oversight on my part. Added it in, although if memory serves you guys who've already submitted can't answer that so feel free to post in this thread or PM if you've already submitted on that front.

1 minute ago, madmaninabox said:

I think I know which response is yours... certainly an eclectic mix of odd positions.

??

haha, I've tried to mix all my favourite artists in, but I don't think I'll be getting a job at the festival anytime soon! not every is a teenager like me though so I doubt they'd like half the people I have written down!

21 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

see i feel the same my dream line up means I can only be on one place at a time. 

so i put who i want to see on the main stage and then full the other stages up with things to take people away so it won't be too crowded , but enough of a crowd for an atmosphere 

Just now, shuttlep said:

see i feel the same my dream line up means I can only be on one place at a time. 

so i put who i want to see on the main stage and then full the other stages up with things to take people away so it won't be too crowded , but enough of a crowd for an atmosphere 

Yup, as clarified in the OP now this is the sort of thing I'm after.

There would be absolutely no point in booking a festival with Metallica on Main Stage and AC/DC on second for me, as I'd have to sacrifice watching one of them and it would blow a whole in the budget. Even though I love both bands, so I'd go for Metallica and AC/DC headlining with some shit dance bands (Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk) on other stage, pragmatic idealism is the point.

2 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Basically if it was you instead of Eavis who would you book to headline Glastonbury 2020:. Cheers.

The problem with this sort of thing is that everyone pretty much makes a list of their favourite acts.

And also they tend not to think about next year, when they'd also need to book a line-up - of completely different acts.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The problem with this sort of thing is that everyone pretty much makes a list of their favourite acts.

And also they tend not to think about next year, when they'd also need to book a line-up - of completely different acts.

Yeah but we could get a good laugh out of some the suggestions (which to be honest was more the point... :p) 

Should be interesting either way if somewhat useless as a actual guage of who should play.

That is actually a really tough excersize, but good fun - my line up is a clash nightmare for me, but hopefully a good mix and i have tried to group the pyramid line up by day to minimise having to move to other stages. I really struggled with West Holts as i am not really sure what the vibe is on that stage as other than stumbling across Lizzo  last year (who is promoted to the Pyramid as a result) i have never watched anyone there. 

2 minutes ago, Perks said:

This is savage, but taking my mind off work...

Need a back to the 90's Friday. PWEI, Carter and The Levellers

Then realised how furious people would be - so had to change

had to change?

nah, you can come along to my Friday on the Pyramid if you want = Back to the Planet, Senser, Levellers

Edited by Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car
used the term "man" in post - then realised i was quoting a female and didnt want to offend.