Buying Glasto tickets when on holiday

Tomnewcombe99

Hi, I will be on holiday in France (uk resident)  when tickets go on sale. Does anyone know if it’s possible that IF I get through I can still purchase tickets normally as my id and billing will be UK-based?

Theres info on the official site but it’s about permanent overseas residents 

thanks

tom

Edited by Tomnewcombe99

51 minutes ago, Tomnewcombe99 said:

Thanks was just checking. I thought maybe the website would know I’m going through a non-uk server so the see tickets website will be in French I assume.

im not technical so probably stupid question but wanted to check 

You'll be fine, there are often folks who post after T day that the members of their group who attempted from overseas were the successful ones, so fingers crossed for you.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, Tomnewcombe99 said:

Hi, I will be on holiday in France (uk resident)  when tickets go on sale. Does anyone know if it’s possible that IF I get through I can still purchase tickets normally as my id and billing will be UK-based?

Theres info on the official site but it’s about permanent overseas residents 

thanks

tom

I've purchased tickets while in France previously. I used my normal reg and UK credit card. Everything was identical to purchasing when in the UK.

I was surprised I succeeded though, given that I was sailing in rough seas in the Bay of Biscay at the time!!

On 9/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, GlastoEls said:

We've had people buying at 30,000 feet using plane WiFi in the past...

imagine the celebrations on the plane at that point :) .... dont think id be able to contain the excitement ..... mind you you could  ask the rest of the passengers to refresh for you ... might be an advantage 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, HalfAnIdiot said:

I've purchased tickets while in France previously. I used my normal reg and UK credit card. Everything was identical to purchasing when in the UK.

I was surprised I succeeded though, given that I was sailing in rough seas in the Bay of Biscay at the time!!

Give it 2 hours and all ferries and Eurotunnel will be fully booked by ‘savvy’ efesters ?

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

imagine the celebrations on the plane at that point :) .... dont think id be able to contain the excitement ..... mind you you could  ask the rest of the passengers to refresh for you ... might be an advantage 

Ha! 

“This is the captain speaking, the gentleman is attempting to purchase Glastonbury tickets on the in flight GoGo browser and will empty the trolley bar for anyone who assists and is successful!”

9 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Ha! 

“This is the captain speaking, the gentleman is attempting to purchase Glastonbury tickets on the in flight GoGo browser and will empty the trolley bar for anyone who assists and is successful!”

Imagine the trick being the people with the remotest access to internet get through first. Carnage in the Arctic circle.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Imagine the trick being the people with the remotest access to internet get through first. Carnage in the Arctic circle.

is that why the ice caps are melting ? :) trying to imagine the eskimos in their igloos trying for tickets .... damn my page has frozen !!

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

We're away this Tday on (late) Honeymoon. Told the Mrs (well, gently informed, if I told I'd be a deep trouble!) that come what may I will be up at 9am on Sunday morning. 

(oo-er)

Edited by semmtexx