Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry if this has been recently discussed but, is there info on Bicep being potential Park headliners?

There has been yeah, I can't remember who it was though (I should remember as we chased it about for weeks in here trying to recall who it was until they popped up again) 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Caribou's not bigger than any of them, no. He's a JP or WH sub I reckon, or Park headliner. Maybe 5th/6th down Other, a la Mac DeMarco, but doubtful.

Second point: Yes, think that's a given. He'll stay the weekend and do at least a couple.

Caribou and Mac are like for like size wise IMO. Same venues and both headlining Green Man. I don't think they'd stick Caribou in the middle of the day anywhere though, that would just be a waste. 

Floating Points doing West Holts (probably 3rd down) seems like a stick on for me. 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

There has been yeah, I can't remember who it was though (I should remember as we chased it about for weeks in here trying to recall who it was until they popped up again) 

Wow. Year's ago I remember thinking The Park would he unreal for Bicep, but didn't ever think it would happen or 'suit' the stage if that makes sense.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:37 AM, the wonderwhy said:

Caribou and Mac are like for like size wise IMO. Same venues and both headlining Green Man. I don't think they'd stick Caribou in the middle of the day anywhere though, that would just be a waste. 

Floating Points doing West Holts (probably 3rd down) seems like a stick on for me. 

Floating Points > Caribou > Thom Yorke

Would be an absolutely lovely run on WH

1 minute ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but this guy seems convinced the specials are playing on the Sunday

9635DFD0-7FEE-407A-AFB3-2A643EB49583.jpeg

After they did Pilton the year before last, it was always going to happen. They are playing around that weekend, so are pretty certain. 

50 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice! I enjoyed the last album.

Only a few of the original members left in the band, but that last album really rejuvenated their live set last year and stopped them becoming just a self tribute act 

Edited by tjamest

There was a good article on the Specials in Q last year, decent interview with Terry, Lynval and Horace.  Not sure where they stand with Neville, although he's very much doing his own thing these days, but pretty clear that there's not much going on with Roddy and Jerry.

Can't remember which of them was talking about the questions they always get about reunions, but he likened it to someone getting a messy divorce and then always being asked why they're not getting back together. Bit sad really. I know Jerry hasn't been involved for ages (certainly wasn't with them back in 2009 at Glastonbury) but sounds like there's a definite falling out with Roddy.

And no more John either, sadly :(