Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

I would like to add to the Manics love. My favourite band since I was about 12. Seen them about 12 times, too, although not really bothered the past five years as the new stuff was ruining it a bit for me...

Would love to see them at Glasto. A rite of passage I have yet to tick off! Only festival I have seen them at was Reading (2008?), which was utterly sublime. My whole bunch had made Manics t-shirts, donned feather boas and splashed on the eye liner. Amazing. Sunday JP headliner would be the greatest way to end.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jyoung said:

Yes! Where do we place him? West Holt's headliner?

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

He subbed last time I think so don't think he'd be back there. I reckon he'll end up in the John Peel but to be honest he could equally end up as a (large) Park headliner

Park headliner would be my guess too. 

Not as big as Hot Chip or Flaming Lips for me, so wouldn’t be “big” I don’t think.

Unless I’m underestimating his current popularity, which is entirely probable! 

6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

He subbed last time I think so don't think he'd be back there. I reckon he'll end up in the John Peel but to be honest he could equally end up as a (large) Park headliner

Would love Park. I haven't seen a headliner there and it's my fav area.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I just thought five years out of the game might make the return a bit more of s thing but maybe not!

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's time to dig out the Aretha quote...

There are only three things happening in England...."

?

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Park headliner would be my guess too. 

Not as big as Hot Chip or Flaming Lips for me, so wouldn’t be “big” I don’t think.

He's playing the same venues as Hot Chip and headlining similar sized fests so I think they're on par. 

11 hours ago, jyoung said:

Yes! Where do we place him? West Holt's headliner?

Unless you think Caribou would be a  bigger draw than Thom Yorke, The Isleys or Fka Twigs, they go somewhere else. 

and why has nobody considered that there will be a dj set from Daphni sometime over the weekend?

14 hours ago, wro_lap said:

No worries, keep up the good work! When you require a guest to defend Resistance Is Futile on its long-awaited episode in two years time, you know where to find me!

Not enough love for Resistance.  I really liked it!

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I reviewed it for a mag and gave it 4 out of 5 - International Blue is a corker which would be lovely in the sun.

I hope they're not headlining JP against Taylor, as much as I love the Manics I don't think I can miss Swifty 

I would be gutted if Caribou ended up 5th down on the other, that would suck 

If Bicep are one of The Park headliners, I'm not sure if Caribou would be another, but I live in hope. There's probably Floating Points live to slot in there somewhere too, albeit he won't headline a stage. Get him in before Bicep and I'll take a chair along

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

A lot of their newer stuff has justifiably gained a lot of flak, but Resistance was a proper return to form. There’s one or two weaker tracks on it but overall it’s a great album.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If Bicep are one of The Park headliners, I'm not sure if Caribou would be another, but I live in hope. There's probably Floating Points live to slot in there somewhere too, albeit he won't headline a stage. Get him in before Bicep and I'll take a chair along

He subbed the Park last time he played, I believe. Could he step up to sub West Holts, maybe?

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I can't imagine they would put Caribou on The Other. That just seems like an awful fit. Even if he isn't big enough to headline, a dreamy Park set like that Floating Points one would be much nicer

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

He subbed the Park last time he played, I believe. Could he step up to sub West Holts, maybe?

He was kinda third from the top before Mercury Rev and the Phillip Glass thing, though that probably wasn't a headliner

So i could still see him turning up second from the top on The Park

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You can dance in a chair???

45 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Sorry if this has been recently discussed but, is there info on Bicep being potential Park headliners?