Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Was kind of hoping she wouldn’t be there to be honest, not really my thing at all and feel like she’ll be taking up a big slot.

Nah in all honesty I'm okay with this, I assume she'll be on the Other Stage quite high up or Pyramid before Diana Ross? (maybe? not really sure on her size) means I wont be spending my whole weekend at those stages and get teh chance to go elsewhere for a bit. 

8 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Nah in all honesty I'm okay with this, I assume she'll be on the Other Stage quite high up or Pyramid before Diana Ross? (maybe? not really sure on her size) means I wont be spending my whole weekend at those stages and get teh chance to go elsewhere for a bit. 

She’s booked up on the Sunday so it won’t be that day. My guess is Saturday other stage below Calvin Harris

Don’t see Capaldi getting a sub slot considering it’ll just be the same setlist as last time. Obviously he’s going from strength to strength size wise so is big enough, but would be a waste of such a prominent place on the lineup. Third down seems more realistic as it doesn’t have quite the same esteem, and is prime for his brand of music. His crowd will no doubt dwarf Diana Ross’ before him, unfortunately (assuming he’s Sunday). 

Jesse Malin in an interview last year and I've only just read it.

https://www.grandlife.com/culture/interviews/jesse-malin-sunset-kids-album/

"Next year we’re playing Glastonbury, for the 50th anniversary of the Glastonbury Festival."

Also talks about the Joe Strummer Foundation so almost certainly it will be Strummerville. 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

"Next year we’re playing Glastonbury, for the 50th anniversary of the Glastonbury Festival."

Also talks about the Joe Strummer Foundation so almost certainly it will be Strummerville. 

Typical Gnomy, always behind with the Glasto news...! Added to the playlist.

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looking at his website it will be either the Friday or Saturday.

Do you have any tips for where to start listening to his back catalogue?

2 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Looking at his website it will be either the Friday or Saturday.

Do you have any tips for where to start listening to his back catalogue?

As with most artists, the 1st 3 albums are seen as his best with it trailing off after that. Still a lot of good stuff but not as consistent. 

The Fine Art of Self Destruction is probably his most accessible. 

The Heat is now probably my favourite. The cover is a bit of a homage to Springsteen's Darkness and you can hear it in the album.

Glitter in The Gutter is his LA album, certainly his most rocky and was expected by many to push him up a level. He had a minor hit with Broken Radio (duet with Springsteen) but it never really happened.

There's a live album, a good covers album which sold better than any of his other stuff and a Best of. His latest was produced by Lucinda Williams and features her on some tracks as well as Billy Joe Armstrong. 

If you want to go deep, he was in punk bands Heart Attack and the relatively successful D-Generation before going solo. There's also an album by Bellvue that was released between D-Gen and Fine Art that I really like, it includes some of the stuff he later recorded solo but heavier/punkier versions.

Forgot to add The Finger - hard core punk band with Ryan Adams, perhaps best swept under the carpet now.

tldr: The 1st 3

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 2

On 2/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, FloorFiller said:

Don’t see Capaldi getting a sub slot considering it’ll just be the same setlist as last time. Obviously he’s going from strength to strength size wise so is big enough, but would be a waste of such a prominent place on the lineup. Third down seems more realistic as it doesn’t have quite the same esteem, and is prime for his brand of music. His crowd will no doubt dwarf Diana Ross’ before him, unfortunately (assuming he’s Sunday). 

He’s third down at Reading so assume same at the Big G