Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

19 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Slightly off topic but one of the Royal Blood chaps once walked into a pub where we were watching the rugby before going to see them in Portsmouth (this is a few years back). He had his hood up, but within a few steps I nudged my mate and said something a long the lines of 'that's yer chap from Royal Blood' in what I thought was quite a quiet way. 

He made eye contact with me, clocked he'd been recognised, sighed as his shoulders dropped then turned 180 and walked straight out again without saying a word. I felt bad for the guy for a while, I never would've approached him as he obviously didn't want to be bothered.

15 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I know a few stories like this from bands similiar sized and or smaller to Royal Blood, especially around the time that they're touring. Its a shame really. 

The main reason I never go and talk to famous (greater or lesser degree) when I see them, especially at Glastonbury.  All the ones I've seen are just there with their mates doing their own bad thing, must be utter shite to have that keep getting interrupted by gurning fools like me bumbling over.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

The main reason I never go and talk to famous (greater or lesser degree) when I see them, especially at Glastonbury.  All the ones I've seen are just there with their mates doing their own bad thing, must be utter shite to have that keep getting interrupted by gurning fools like me bumbling over.

100% wasn't going to intrude on his day. I don't even think he could've heard me, the eye contact must've been enough. Who knows, maybe he'd just walked out of the next pub having been approached and he just wanted a quiet pint.

After a google it was Ben not Tom.

I am Tom, but I don't think he could've known that, being Ben or otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

100% wasn't going to intrude on his day. I don't even think he could've heard me, the eye contact must've been enough. Who knows, maybe he'd just walked out of the next pub having been approached and he just wanted a quiet pint.

After a google it was Ben not Tom.

I am Tom, but I don't think he could've known that, being Ben or otherwise.

Sorry bud, should have made clear I wasn't suggesting you had or were going to.  Just a comment on the reaction to such things when they do happen 

Glass Animals had a q&a on instagram, asked about glasto and it got a like. It was the only comment I could find that got liked but not a reply. Obviously not solid evidence but definitely a nice addition if it comes around.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Glass Animals had a q&a on instagram, asked about glasto and it got a like. It was the only comment I could find that got liked but not a reply. Obviously not solid evidence but definitely a nice addition if it comes around.

The mystery thickens let's see if gfa can ask glass animals if they are at Glastonbury.

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just seen the mysterines in Manchester.

I asked the lead singer after the gig re glasto... she said "it has been rumoured & you might be in luck"

As an aside, they were impressive. Her voice was incredible & she is cool as fuck

20200221_211920.jpg

How was the gig? Potentially seeing them in Bham next week.

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was she wearing the tiara? 

No, I think they are her sunglasses, but she should have!

11 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

How was the gig? Potentially seeing them in Bham next week.

They were excellent. They did an hour. 50 mins or so, then an encore. I was surprised how good her voice is. 

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

I'm the doctor from doctor who.

Hi Doctor Nick.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop