Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I wasn't there and was never going to be, but the answer is plainly Stormzy.

Totally. I struggled with the same level of clashterfuckery as @Quark and also went with Hopkins. Was left feeling it wasn't quite right and have regretted not seeing Stormzy ever since. But somehow glad to know other people feel the same!

Saw Hopkins a few months later at Printworks and it was all kinds of epic!!! I don't know what it was about the WH set, but it just felt....off somehow. 

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'll tell you what the wrong choice was:

Getting too fucked up for Jon Hopkins and having to return to your tent about a quarter of the way through to recover/pass out. Emerging again at 2am to take on Pangea. 

😔

:lol: Ok you win

Oh dear. I hope the rest of your night was an improvement! Pangea was being particularly epic around 2am that night though as I (partially) recall. 

38 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

This is intriguing. I ended up skipping both and going to Arcadia early but it also wasn't quite right.

I wonder, what was the right choice for Fri last year?

I think if it was your first time seeing Tame Impala, as it was for me and my group, that was the right choice. But people I know who'd seen them before were pretty disappointed. 

The bad choice was getting stuck in the crowds and getting lost and separated trying to get to the SE corner immediately after.

Edited by MaxPower

Friday - I watched Idles after Lauryn Hill. Then went back to the tent.

We were going to go straight to Arcadia, but Tame Impala sounded decent. Walked there, could only get to the back. Stopped there for 3/4 of an hour and then mooched to Arcadia for the night.

Had no interest in Stormzy, but it was the most important set of the festival by a long way. It was great it was so widely enjoyed.

4 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Only saw/heard Frank three times last year, it was not enough, sadly missed the Greenpeace gig. Strummerville was great, Avalon was epic and the BBC Introducing gig was fun and actually seemed to be relatively secret.

I’m a huge fan and the Introducing gig was secret enough for me to miss it.

If he plays this year, I’d love to see him open the Pyramid on Sunday. He’d be ideal for that wake-up slot a la Bjorn Again, Proclaimers etc.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I’m a huge fan and the Introducing gig was secret enough for me to miss it.

If he plays this year, I’d love to see him open the Pyramid on Sunday. He’d be ideal for that wake-up slot a la Bjorn Again, Proclaimers etc.

Have to say I was quite surprised, the tent was not full. Busy but not full. I did find hear about the Greenpeace one but I was miles away and on the verge of heatstroke so I went for a sitdown and some water instead.

Would be nice to see Frank on the Pyramid, I think he has earned it.