Self Confirmed 2020

mcshed

7 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

As a Kiwi, we have a patriotic obligation to enjoy any music the Finn brothers create. So, yes.

I recall an old episode of Top Gear with Clarkson driving a rental car changing the radio station & everyone was playing them.

14 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I know there’s a separate My Chemical Romance thread - but as this is, apparently, MCR self-confirming, I thought i should add it here too. 
 https://twitter.com/mcrofficial/status/1215400459462201346?s=21

They're not self confirming though, are they? Just says June 2020, could be anything. 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, scrippit said:

Brilliant! One of the best moments ever... watch that crowd bounce at 1:40!

This might be one of my favourite Glasto videos ever. It just gives me tingles every time.

Might not be quite the same in Avalon admittedly, but it'd be great to see them.

25 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

This might be one of my favourite Glasto videos ever. It just gives me tingles every time.

Might not be quite the same in Avalon admittedly, but it'd be great to see them.

last (I think) time they played was west holts mid/late afternoon - and it was packed, and went off big time for scooby snacks.

Can't really see them playing Avalon because of that crowd size.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

last (I think) time they played was west holts mid/late afternoon - and it was packed, and went off big time for scooby snacks.

Dunno about that. Frank Turner headlined Avalon last year and I'd say he's a much bigger draw, I'm sure if he can play then so can FLC, though I'd prefer a lower slot on another stage as doubt I'd catch them at headline time 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, Sasperella said:

I just googled them and found this....

Screenshot_20200104_134115_com.android.chrome.jpg

Incredibly in 2002  the fun lovin criminals turned up at the school I worked  in and played a gig for the pupils. No one apart from a few knew what was happening, gear was moved into the assembly hall , senior pupils were told it was a special assembly then  in came Huey and the band. Played 4 songs. We were in dreamland, Scooby snacks at assembly!  Part of a music for schools promotion and seems we were chosen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Incredibly in 2002  the fun lovin criminals turned up at the school I worked  in and played a gig for the pupils. No one apart from a few knew what was happening, gear was moved into the assembly hall , senior pupils were told it was a special assembly then  in came Huey and the band. Played 4 songs. We were in dreamland, Scooby snacks at assembly!  Part of a music for schools promotion and seems we were chosen. 

"Running around robbing banks
All whacked off of Scooby Snacks"

Certainly beats "Morning Has Broken" at my school.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

"Running around robbing banks
All whacked off of Scooby Snacks"

Certainly beats "Morning Has Broken" at my school.

It was quite amazing, a few staff were a bit taken aback by the swearing, I Worked the stagelights. The band signed autographs, gave out posters and chatted with the pupils. The only other band we ever had before that was Gallagher and Lyle 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I watched them at TITP in 2016.....me and about 100 other old buggers. Loved it . Different demographic probably but they certainly were not a draw then and there.

29 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I watched them at TITP in 2016.....me and about 100 other old buggers. Loved it . Different demographic probably but they certainly were not a draw then and there.

Can you imagine what it was like, 2002, you are a 17 year old criminals fan and are told to go to the assembly hall. You are expecting a boring talk about taking drugs or road safety and suddenly Huey and the band walk through the hall. Onto the stage, announce let’s get this started and the whole place goes mental, including us staff! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Dunno about that. Frank Turner headlined Avalon last year and I'd say he's a much bigger draw, I'm sure if he can play then so can FLC, though I'd prefer a lower slot on another stage as doubt I'd catch them at headline time 

Yeh, maybe he organisers will hope that they can stick em on as headliner on Avalon because enough people who would wanna see them will be going elsewhere?

That video posed above though makes me very very keen!

They definitely don't need a bigger slot than avalon. I guess if you'd just started uni or something when they released that 'scooby snacks' and you thought you were in some american teen movie maybe you have some nostalgia for them but other than that they're just another one hit wonder act from the musical hinterlands of the late 90s. More famous for being that fat old guy who had a strop on never mind the buzzcocks once, and now for having the least interesting show on bbc r6.

• Upvote 3

Fair dos. Maybe not his own stuff but I do find there is often a lot similar and it just isn't to my taste at all. This soft jazz/hiphop fusion 90s stuff, tribe called quest etc. Repetitive, smooth and exasperatingly low tempo, demanding that i chill out, and I absolutely refuse, they can all fuck off, i'm not part of their tribe and if i were a criminal i'd be a very serious one

• Upvote 1