Worthy View + coach - what's the spread?

Zoo Music Girl

Worthy View and coach travel?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How many Worthy Viewers were intending to get the coach before the priority option?

• Planning on Worthy View and driving
    • Planning on Worthy View and coach anyway
    • Was planning on Worthy View and driving, but will now try for coach
    • Planning on coach but not going for Worthy View
    • Neither coach nor Worthy View

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Might consider it if the coach dropped off at Worthy View but given it is likely to drop off near Gate A I don't really fancy the hike to WV from there with the rest of our gear.

Wonder if they will improve the shuttle service with this in mind? Or even have dedicated coach drop off there? Seems unlikely...

Funnily enough we've just had this discussion on what we're doing.

I'd like to be able to go by coach, I don't like having to drive down for a lot of reasons. If we go by coach then we need prepitched tents and such, because sorry but I'm physically not capable of carrying all my gear on my back without a trolley, I need to take tent and airbeds out of the equation.

The coach is hugely more expensive than driving, for the last two festivals we've reluctantly driven because we just can't absorb the cost of the coach, it's a significant proportion of your overall spend on the festival. Looking at buying Worthy View on top of that and it literally doubles the price of your ticket. I'd like to be the ecoboi but when doing that is nearly twice what I spend on the festival now, it's just not on the cards.

7 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

If the Wednesday was a viable option for me next year (it's not due to work), I'd have gone for the coach this time out purely as I hate the drive home. Worthy View wouldn't come into it either way for me. 

You can select Thursday coach - probably a bit less demand for that one too.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You can select Thursday coach - probably a bit less demand for that one too.

I should have elaborated - I have a specific time on Thursday too. I have to work the morning! The coaches from here are usually around 7/8am. 

But thank you.

Edited by vintagelaureate

This year, I got the train to Temple Meads on the Monday and the bus to Glastonbury Town from just outside the station and it was a joy.  Beer all the way and lovely views down through the country. 

Shuttle back to BTM the following Monday.

At the risk of shooting my own travel costs in the foot, did you know that on the trainline.com site you can put a journey in from point A to point B on the intended dates of travel and they email you when the cheapest advanced fares come on sale?

If you then dive on the Split ticketing app and work the chicanery on there, you can get a result.  I paid 40 return last year from Chester to Bristol and then the a few quid to Glastonbury on the bus.  I cant remember what I paid to get from the site back to Bristol on the Monday morning as I was fucked out of my mind and cant remember taking my tent down.  Proper festival beer scooter scenes...

We bought a caravan for comfort and the hill of mild inconvenience is less taxing than the thoughts of hiking up to worthy view everyday. Also the additional expense. So will be pinning our hopes on general again this year. Did the coach for my first 3 festivals and if you're camping it's grand. Saves driving with the fear after 5 days on the sauce. Not for me though. Just doesn't work anymore for numerous reasons. 

Got the fear! ?

The walk from the coach park to worthy hill is lessened if I know my tent is already there waiting for me. If I don't need a sleeping mat either, I'm definitely going for it. It's gonna be cheaper than a hotel - which is how I rationalise the cost.

Personally, and I say this as a someone who drives to Glastonbury but is unable to get to the site until late Thursday, I really don't like the Worthy View priority booking for coach ticket holders.  It's yet another restriction on an already fraught process of getting tickets and then WV accomodation

On the face of it I get the environmental aspect but if you can't get to Glastonbury until late on Thursday, due to family and work commitments, then WV was ideal as finding a general camping pitch late on Thursday is challenging to say the least.  Unless they are going to greatly increase WV capacity then I think it should still be an open booking system giving everyone an equal chance of getting a WV tent.  Just my opinion and appreciate it comes from a biased view point.

Edited by spcdust
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, spcdust said:

Personally, and I say this as a someone who drives to Glastonbury but is unable to get to the site until late Thursday, I really don't like the Worthy View priority booking for coach ticket holders.  It's yet another restriction on an already fraught process of getting tickets and then WV accomodation

On the face of it I get the environmental aspect but if you can't get to Glastonbury until late on Thursday, due to family and work commitments, then WV was ideal as finding a general camping pitch late on Thursday is challenging to say the least.  Unless they are going to greatly increase WV capacity then I think it should still be an open booking system giving everyone an equal chance of getting a WV tent.  Just my opinion and appreciate it comes from a biased view point.

As a coach person who would never do Worthy View I am also not a fan as I'm concerned that those set on WV would be tempted to go for the coach, which is already tricky enough to get tickets for. That said this poll doesn't seem to suggest that so far.

Worthy view is brilliant and I dont think i could go back to not having my tent set up for me haha lazy I know!

Getting the tent you want when they go on sale is almost as much stress as ticket day they sell out super fast.... this is just going to make it worse. Hopefully the poll on here reflects the real world and not many take up the chance.