Glastonbury 1997 t-shirt.

jonnyisRFC

7 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m sure most of you aren’t that interested but I just came across this amazing Glasto T-shirt in a flea market in New York! Sadly it was $120 though!

F3B103D0-4529-420E-80C0-7127119C3B81.jpeg

D8F0164F-4747-4C09-B11F-9FF673B5C255.jpeg

It's even more interesting that the seller knows the potential value in the shirt (or maybe they're taking the mickey!). Did they have any other music memorabilia or was it a one-off? As others have said, I'm sure it has a fascinating story.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I tried to see if I could find another one on line, but couldn't. There's an earlier t shirt here though (see link below). A mere snip at £79.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Glastonbury-CND-Festival-1982-T-Shirt-L-Original-Rare/233336091478?hash=item3653ea3356:g:6MAAAOSwysVcv0rM

Aye, bit different to the reissued ones, which are listed as poster prints...

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/1982-glastonbury-poster-t-shirt-unisex 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Aye, bit different to the reissued ones, which are listed as poster prints...

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/1982-glastonbury-poster-t-shirt-unisex 

£16 is a bit more like it though, in terms of what I'd be prepared to pay. That said, I've never been in to festival or band t shirts etc. I have made a number of purchases which are an exception to that rule though - in that I've bought a few efestivals t shirts over the years. I've still got two that are hanging on in there. 

42 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

£16 is a bit more like it though, in terms of what I'd be prepared to pay. That said, I've never been in to festival or band t shirts etc. I have made a number of purchases which are an exception to that rule though - in that I've bought a few efestivals t shirts over the years. I've still got two that are hanging on in there. 

might see those in New York in the future .... not available in certain sizes anymore so might become collectors items ... there's a few left in the shop at the moment for anyone that might might want  to snap one up :) 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/store/category/3-efestivals-t-shirts/

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

might see those in New York in the future .... not available in certain sizes anymore so might become collectors items ... there's a few left in the shop at the moment for anyone that might might want  to snap one up :) 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/store/category/3-efestivals-t-shirts/

Unfortunately they've not yet covered the years which I attended, but was far too pished or cheap to buy one - which is an awful lot of my earlier years.

It would seem a bit weird to me buying one for a year I hadn't attended - it's already hard enough in my brain trying to remember the things that actually happened :unsure:

6 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

It's even more interesting that the seller knows the potential value in the shirt (or maybe they're taking the mickey!). Did they have any other music memorabilia or was it a one-off? As others have said, I'm sure it has a fascinating story.

Yeah it was all music related memorabilia, most of it was around the $40-$60 mark though!

On 9/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, baggienick68 said:

Here's mine from my first visit to the farm. Would never sell it.

20190912_092151.jpg

20190912_092615.jpg

The amazing thing about this T-Shirt is that Daft Punk aren't even mentioned!

EDIT: Dammit!  I noticed them just as I clicked "send"!  They are still quite low down the list though!

Edited by windy_miller

1 hour ago, baggienick68 said:

It was a great line up. I was running round like a blue arsed fly. Couldn't do it now.

Running around? In the mud that was present that year. I put it to you that you are a pond skater that has acquired human consciousness. On that level, I salute you Sir, but do wonder if you are ostracised by the other pond skaters, as a result? I certainly hope not, and that 'they' are hippies at the end of the day too ie. will talk shite to anybody, anything, and even themselves, if completely necessary!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Running around? In the mud that was present that year. I put it to you that you are a pond skater that has acquired human consciousness. On that level, I salute you Sir, but do wonder if you are ostracised by the other pond skaters, as a result? I certainly hope not, and that 'they' are hippies at the end of the day too ie. will talk shite to anybody, anything, and even themselves, if completely necessary!

Backwards and forwards between Pyramid and Other in my wellies. Too old to do it now.