50 years of Glastonbury event with Emily & Guests

Hugh Jass

Hi there, just tried to sign in and it didn't even recognise my email address to send me a password reminder, so it must be a very long time since I was last on here. I went to almost every Glasto in the noughties, and then took a break, before returning as a volunteer the last two years on the Love The Farm Team. Anyway, I have lots of friends in Bristol and when I got the email through about this evening with Emily and Michael I misread it and thought that is where it would be. I bought 5 tickets which now that I realise this event is in London are no use to me. I have contacted the organisers who are unable to reverse the transaction, but I'm able to sell them on:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting The Guardian regarding being unable to attend Glastonbury at 50: An evening with Emily Eavis and guests.

What I would suggest is that you can transfer your tickets to anyone else who would like to go simply by forwarding them your email confirmation so that they can show this upon entry to the event.

I hope this helps. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us again via email or on 0330 333 6767. Our lines are open from 8am - 8pm weekdays and 8am - 6pm weekends.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Customer Services Representative

The Guardian and The Observer Customer Services Team

Guardian News & Media

So it looks like I will have to sell all five in one lump. Does anyone want them? I am in the Midlands near Derby, my son is working in Cambridge and living at my parents house near Bishops Stortford, and my daughter is in Bristol, so there are various options to meet up in person. There is also of course the option of a bank transfer. The total cost is £133.70. 

(Just noticed there's a strong Michael theme in this post - three of us!)

Halloween then. Is it fancy dress?

I was tempted by this. Great line up and I'm off work that day and the next.

But it'd cost me £20+ to get there and back. plus I pre-ordered the book and wonder if it would spoil it, plus I think I probably know the story already, having seen/heard The Eavii speak on this matter on a number of occasions.

If I lived in London I reckon I'd be there like a shot (depending what else was on for £25 that night).

Edit: And as @LongTimeLurkermentioned earlier, Imagine getting tickets for that and then not for The Real Thing on T day?

Compensatory Bonus or Complete Torture?

Edited by MrZigster

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, Bill Syke's Dog said:

If anybody is selling a ticket for this event I would be very interested in purchasing for a small premium.

I listened to her on BBC R4 Desert Island Discs and thought she was enchanting.

Looking forward to hearing her vision for the next 50 years.

I still have my five tickets if you have 3 or 4 friends to go with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I’ve had an email about this, asking for questions in advance, so if anyone has any good ones to ask Emily, or indeed any of the rest of the panel, Billy Bragg, Caitlin Moran, Ed O'Brien or Mary McCartney, post them on here.

“Mary, does you being here mean your Dad’s playing?”

“Which night is James Arthur headlining?”

On 10/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

I’ve had an email about this, asking for questions in advance, so if anyone has any good ones to ask Emily, or indeed any of the rest of the panel, Billy Bragg, Caitlin Moran, Ed O'Brien or Mary McCartney, post them on here.

This is in relation to another recently started thread. You could ask her if her dad has ever been offered a knighthood in the past.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

“Ed, does you being here mean Radiohead are playing?”

Curious as to how they decide when is the best time to release the name of the legends and headliners is.

Also not a question but would love a chat on the whole Diana Ross booking and what works goes into securing someone like that (Emily mentioned in another talk they had been trying to get her for 5 years I believe).

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My book has dispatched today. Hoping it arrives early tomorrow. I have it sent to a Waterstones store.

Was groggily checking my bank account on my phone this morning and saw a £30 charge to Waterstones. Had a brief “what the hell is that??” moment before realising.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My book has dispatched today. Hoping it arrives early tomorrow. I have it sent to a Waterstones store.

Mine too. I’m stupidly excited to open it and see the festival ticket voucher!! I’d be so so happy to call two of my best buddies to tell them they’re going...

My book arrived this morning, no 2020 lineup or tickets that I can see, from the 5 min flick through before going to work it looks quite good, the more recent years are little more than whats on the website but the stuff about the early years looks good.

now, do I take it with me to MEs talk on Friday?

Edited by Smeble

On 9/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, Boris said:

It's a great venue. Seen some quality gigs there.

I saw Lamb there last night. It’s a few years since I was last there and I’d forgotten that a. It’s fcfs seating (so get there early or you’ll end up in the gods like I did) b. You can’t take your drinks into the chapel, so you’ll need to take it in turns to reserve seats or lose them.

Great venue though, you’re right

On 10/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, ShakeyCrash said:

Curious as to how they decide when is the best time to release the name of the legends and headliners is.

Also not a question but would love a chat on the whole Diana Ross booking and what works goes into securing someone like that (Emily mentioned in another talk they had been trying to get her for 5 years I believe).

I'd love to know this. It would be good to know which of the theories spouted on here have any semblance of truth. Tour dates, other shows, Glastonbury request, band request, just to fuck with us...?

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd love to know this. It would be good to know which of the theories spouted on here have any semblance of truth. Tour dates, other shows, Glastonbury request, band request, just to fuck with us...?

It must be done in agreement with the artist to fit their announcement schedules.

I found it interesting that Diana Ross announced her tour after the was announced for GF. Did her people see the benefit in the rise in profile getting announced for Glastonbury brings then struck with their own announcement shortly afterwards?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It must be done in agreement with the artist to fit their announcement schedules.

I found it interesting that Diana Ross announced her tour after the was announced for GF. Did her people see the benefit in the rise in profile getting announced for Glastonbury brings then struck with their own announcement shortly afterwards?

Sort of goes against the grain of perceived wisdom doesn't it? i.e. not announcing Glastonbury until the tour has sold a decent amount of tickets.