Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Thanks. Yeah the whole premise of AP being a successful TV host didn’t sit right with me and the first episode didn’t do anything to change that. The clip above seems pretty funny though so I might look that one up.

There was a narrative from episode to episode of him getting worse and worse and his co-host getting more and more pissed off.

It was good.

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Am I right in thinking Neil had some info that they were playing last year? I'm sure they were a strong rumour at some point, while it obviously didn't happen I wonder if that was for this year.

Yep, they were rumoured before the poster drop last year. I hope so! JP headliner on Sunday would be my pick.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There was a narrative from episode to episode of him getting worse and worse and his co-host getting more and more pissed off.

It was good.

I have to say I hated it, and I've been a big fan since the radio shows. Alan got incredibly mean-spirited, especially in the final episode and he always seemed to be punching downwards. Also, it was not nearly as funny as it needed to be, very repetitive so in the end it was just unpleasant viewing for me. I recently re-listened to KMKYWAP on BBC Sounds - sublime writing and delivery that really puts the new series to shame.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Fucking outrageous lineup tbh. Now we're saving for a wedding/honeymoon, chance of this two years in a row is out the window, but damn is it tempting. 

81880414_2684381901652652_77240674327797

That really is good.  Glass Animals seem to be getting some good positions.  Had them as a JP header myself

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Didn't @eFestivals have some info on Placebo last year? I seem to remember thinking they would be headlining JPT at one point, then they didn't show up on the full lineup. Wonder if the info was a year premature?

I think I did, tho I can't remember what it was now. I seem to remember they weren't touring cos one of them was ill.

I'm also thinking now that they've never played Glasto, have they? If that's right then i'd guess Placebo aren't interested rather than Glasto.

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Fucking outrageous lineup tbh. Now we're saving for a wedding/honeymoon, chance of this two years in a row is out the window, but damn is it tempting. 

81880414_2684381901652652_77240674327797

What kind of overlap is there usually?

Haven't heard much about Alt-J, but. They're starting playing in Europe on July 7 and are free before that. 

Are they a possible Other Stage headliner?

Tom Misch being there gives me hope he'll be playing at the farm this year.

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

What kind of overlap is there usually?

Haven't heard much about Alt-J, but. They're starting playing in Europe on July 7 and are free before that. 

Are they a possible Other Stage headliner?

Tom Misch being there gives me hope he'll be playing at the farm this year.

Usually some overlap. There was a decent amount last year (Chems, Lauryn, VW come to mind).

Not sure we need Alt-J back in the same slot again so soon, do we? Hope they've booked something a bit more exciting for the Other, personally.