Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

32 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Playing Governors Ball as well according to Consequence of Sound. Where would she play at Glastonbury, maybe subbing Taylor Swift?

Stevie would be something as high as this. Definitely Pyramid. 

I think this is a possibility. I'm sure ME has said, when discussing Fleetwood Mac, that getting Stevie solo is more likely. 

With Neil Finn there as Crowded House they may have chatted about it and put the idea in Stevie's head. 

Edited by danbailey80

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If she’s all about the money in Fleetwood Mac then I can only see her being the same solo. Would actually be pretty fucked if Mick couldn’t convince the rest of the band to play for the lower fee and then she’s there singing Fleetwood Mac songs at us.

I was thinking that a prime Pyramid slot could be part of a loose agreement for them headlining in the future, sort of an 'I'll agree to play next time we tour if I also get a big slot on my solo tour' thing. Probably more likely to just turn up at BST if she's playing over here though.

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Stevie would be something as high as this. Definitely Pyramid. 

I think this is a possibility. I'm sure ME has said, when discussing Fleetwood Mac, that getting Stevie solo is more likely. 

With Neil Finn there as Crowded House they may have chatted about it and put the idea in Stevie's head. 

How much FM stuff does she sign solo?

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Stevie Nicks sub to Taylor would be pretty cool.

Taylor Swift
Stevie Nicks
HAIM
Diana Ross

Would be a mad run at the pyramid. She does feel a bit too big to sub though... if that makes sense. Feels like she might just do her own gigs.

Really? I could see her being 3rd or 4th down, definitely not too big to sub.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Really? I could see her being 3rd or 4th down, definitely not too big to sub.

Didn’t she headline her own day at BST? I dunno if I’m misremembering. 

Also we’ve got to take into considering that all of the festivals she’s been announced for she’s taking headline slots. She might not accept a sub headlining slot.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Didn’t she headline her own day at BST? I dunno if I’m misremembering. 

Also we’ve got to take into considering that all of the festivals she’s been announced for she’s taking headline slots. She might not accept a sub headlining slot.

Na, subbed Tom Petty.

And fair enough, didn't know that. Could be a fair shout then.

21 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Na, subbed Tom Petty.

And fair enough, didn't know that. Could be a fair shout then.

She’s weirdly sized. In her own lane she could probably headline some smaller but still quite big events / festivals. This might count her out from Glastonbury.

You never know though — I would have said the same thing about Janet Jackson and Aerosmith. I guess it just comes down to whether she wants to do it really.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Man that was such a good day!

Me and my Dad had spoken for years about wanting to see Tom Petty so I'm really glad we were able to make that happen. Stevie as support was just icing on the cake.

I find the Bonaroo line-up a bit of a head-scratcher to be honest. Many acts there not on my radar, and I wonder if that's due to the Atlantic divide or is the festival not that big anymore...? I am surprised at Lizzo being headliner status, but then who else on the line-up would qualify otherwise - Flume? Bassnectar? Oysterhead?

Considering that it used to be firmly a jam-band / roots scene and now is quite something else, I haven't quite got my head around what it is in terms of vibe / style. Has anyone here been?