Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

The Friday bill is very strong but I don't know what I'd do with myself on the Saturday and Sunday. Probably update my Instagram or something. I do like it when the Coachella lineup is released, though. Always seems to ignite festival fever and hopefully the floodgates will open for all other festival lineup announcements now.

Those RATM sets are gonna be incredible. 

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Friday bill is very strong but I don't know what I'd do with myself on the Saturday and Sunday. Probably update my Instagram or something. I do like it when the Coachella lineup is released, though. Always seems to ignite festival fever and hopefully the floodgates will open for all other festival lineup announcements now.

Those RATM sets are gonna be incredible. 

Agreed, Friday is epic but the other two days not so much. Maybe that's because we're old though 😉 (see other thread for reference) 

To be honest, they could print the words "Rage Against the Machine" on top of a load of dross and I would still totally lose my shit. 

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

That’s quite a gamble on Frank considering how his last shows stank. 

Yeah gotta imagine he’s upped his live show somewhat (and hopefully decided to play more from Channel Orange/his previous projects) as the idea of his last show topping the bill at Coachella seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. 

Hope this means the new album is coming in the first quarter of the year.

44 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Agreed, Friday is epic but the other two days not so much. Maybe that's because we're old though 😉 (see other thread for reference) 

To be honest, they could print the words "Rage Against the Machine" on top of a load of dross and I would still totally lose my shit. 

Yeah, despite holding on by my 42 year old fingertips, there comes a point in time when the stark realisation kicks in that you are no longer the target audience! 

Those Rage shows are going to be incendiary, particularly after what's been going on politically in the US recently and especially in the last 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Those Rage shows are going to be incendiary, particularly after what's been going on politically in the US recently and especially in the last 24 hours. 

Yeh right...WTF is that about? I know this isn't the place for this, but Jesus Fucking Christ. 

When do you reckon they're going to announce any potential UK shows? Is that even likely...?

Just now, Sasperella said:

Yeh right...WTF is that about? I know this isn't the place for this, but Jesus Fucking Christ. 

When do you reckon they're going to announce any potential UK shows? Is that even likely...?

Various sources (including festival bookers/organisers) are suggesting no european shows until 2021. Fully expect Download and Glastonbury to be seriously in the frame then, plus maybe a one-off MK Bowl show or something. Let's see if they haven't been arrested by then...

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Various sources (including festival bookers/organisers) are suggesting no european shows until 2021. Fully expect Download and Glastonbury to be seriously in the frame then, plus maybe a one-off MK Bowl show or something. Let's see if they haven't been arrested by then...

If they’re in Europe next year I could see Download and Reading both throwing some serious cash at them.

Good thing is that they don’t seem to be in it for the money so Glasto has as much chance as anyone.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they’re in Europe next year I could see Download and Reading both throwing some serious cash at them.

Good thing is that they don’t seem to be in it for the money so Glasto has as much chance as anyone.

I considered Reading then I'm not sure if the festival fits the band these days. Download would be favourites cos of the $$$ but I'm sure they'd prefer to get them on a UK exclusive. But as you say, money doesn't necessarily seem to be the determining factor with Rage. They're absolutely made for that Pyramid.

30 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Could Danny Elfman be the 'out of left field' act that was mentioned a while ago? Thought that could be a possibility after seeing his announcement earlier.

Dunno. He played in the UK in November and in the run up they were giving the tickets away for the Edinburgh show for free.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno. He played in the UK in November and in the run up they were giving the tickets away for the Edinburgh show for free.

That was for A Nightmare before Christmas live rather than a set taking in all of his film scores though and did sell two nights at Wembley arena on the same tour. Would be excellent if he was there though.

Just now, cdm22 said:

That was for A Nightmare before Christmas live rather than a set taking in all of his film scores though and did sell two nights at Wembley arena on the same tour. Would be excellent if he was there though.

In Edinburgh it was a Danny Elfman at the Movies thing with the RSNO - though looking at it he was just 'appearing' at it rather than conducting the whole affair.

• Upvote 1

The lineup is BANGING.

We don’t really get much crossover anymore but Coachella lineups always look stronger in retrospect. I reckon a lot of that lower bill will be taking huge slots in the future. Also a good way to know who to keep your eye on this summer.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah gotta imagine he’s upped his live show somewhat (and hopefully decided to play more from Channel Orange/his previous projects) as the idea of his last show topping the bill at Coachella seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. 

Hope this means the new album is coming in the first quarter of the year.

Still haven't forgiven him for cancelling his Primavera set a few years back. He's notoriously flakey.