Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

To be fair Black Midi seem to have done quite well in the end of year lists. People had pretty much forgotten about Superorganism before their album had even came out. 

They had an album?

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

This is a very cold take. I really don't understand this comparison at all. 

The suggestion was that Black Midi are a curiosity without much real depth and people won't be curious about or entirely bothered about them somewhere not far down the line. They've done better than Superorganism but I was exaggerating for comic effect.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When did you last think about Superorganism?

A couple of weeks ago, when I remembered that time the singer looked at me during a concert and complimented me on my jacket.

But yeah I kinda get your point. Although, didn't black midi get nominated for awards and whatnot, whereas Suerorganism were just some band that people said "yeah they're pretty fun" about?

10 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Normally if you go see a band at midday on William's Green they are one of the more forgettable sets of the weekend.

No personal opinion on how Black Midi fared but I recall that Confidence Man, Squid and The Smyths have all been cheered out of there in the same time slot recently so I don't reckon you can call it a raw deal.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No personal opinion on how Black Midi fared but I recall that Confidence Man, Squid and The Smyths have all been cheered out of there in the same time slot recently so I don't reckon you can call it a raw deal.

Squid looked like they did an all nighter before the WG set, managed to scrape through. Midi were top notch but it was far too loud in there (I had plugs). 

Did anyone catch them both in the Crows Nest?

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Squid looked like they did an all nighter before the WG set, managed to scrape through. Midi were top notch but it was far too loud in there (I had plugs). 

Did anyone catch them both in the Crows Nest?

I did and it was glorious. Matched only by snapped ankles the night after.

I'd seen black midi before and I've seen them both again since (still a bit annoyed they put them on the same night in Manchester on one of those occasions) and I'll admit I'm way more excited about where Squid go next, the Superorganism/Black Midi comparisons are a tad harsh I think.

Not that a bunch of middle class Brit school w*nkers need me to defend them.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Poster's a couple of weeks old but only just seen this; J-Fog is descending on Europe once again! Brian Wilson too, but y'know. Decent little lineup this.

Also, before anyone mentions it, 'Last Tour' is the name of the promoter despite it feasibly applying to many of the acts.

EMDsoeWW4AEuTEa.jpg

Get Fogerty booked, it's been over a decade since last time. We want Creedence.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How can a band be called "The Faithless"? Sticking "The" at the start of their name hardly changes it.

Apparently they are a hard rock band.

I might start a dance act. The Led Zeppelin.

Given that there’s nowt to be gained from being confused with Faithless, I shan’t worry about it.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, ghostdancer1 said:

1993 headliner Lenny Kravitz with a gap:

Tuesday Jun 23, 2020
Antwerps Sportpaleis
Antwerp, Belgium

Wednesday Jun 24, 2020
Ziggo Dome
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Friday Jun 26, 2020
Barclaycard Arena
Hamburg, Hamburg

Tuesday Jun 30, 2020
O2 Arena
Prague, Czech Republic

Thursday Jul 1, 2020
O'Nepela Arena
Bratislava, Slovakia

I got an Lenny Kravitz re-issue vinyl for chrimbo. One of those people who I would not pay to see but would love to see down on the farm. I notice he has a gap in his European tour on 28th June as has been posted above. 

Would be well up for a set from Lenny.

30 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I got an Lenny Kravitz re-issue vinyl for chrimbo. One of those people who I would not pay to see but would love to see down on the farm. I notice he has a gap in his European tour on 28th June as has been posted above. 

Would be well up for a set from Lenny.

I thought he was going to play last year, think he had a gap then too, but would be all in for this.