Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope, never seen him.  It's got nothing to do with whether I think he'll be any good given age or performance quality or anything like that, it's juts not grabbing me!

The best way I can describe it (hopefully not inappropriately!) is when you see someone on TV that all your friends think is hot, and you know from the component parts you should absolutely find them hot, but your reaction overall is just....meh.

As always, caveating this with the prospect of me being smashed, front and centre, and roaring along to Hey Jude with a large bottle of rum in my hand :lol:

You’ve nailed my feelings on Macca there Quark. Should absolutely love him and the Beatles, but it just leaves me a little cold. Always preferred The Stones. 

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope, never seen him.  It's got nothing to do with whether I think he'll be any good given age or performance quality or anything like that, it's juts not grabbing me!

The best way I can describe it (hopefully not inappropriately!) is when you see someone on TV that all your friends think is hot, and you know from the component parts you should absolutely find them hot, but your reaction overall is just....meh.

As always, caveating this with the prospect of me being smashed, front and centre, and roaring along to Hey Jude with a large bottle of rum in my hand :lol:

I once met a person who didnt like chocolate and I find myself with the same emotions. 

16 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Crap I just realized theres one painful exception that if it every occurred I would have no choice but attempt to tear myself into two essentially bursting open to become a black hole that eventually destroyed the earth.

Macca=Daft Punk

That's a clash and a bit.

I'd LOVE to have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

(it'd be Daft Punk though!)

I should point out that Mother Qperior will be absolutely mortified if I don't see him.  She's already pissed that I get to see D-Rozzle, and if Mickey Bubbles comes up as well I don't think she'll ever talk to me again.  Might also be the first recorded case of someone's mum attempting to recreate the Twix story to get over the fence ?

23 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Crap I just realized theres one painful exception that if it every occurred I would have no choice but attempt to tear myself into two essentially bursting open to become a black hole that eventually destroyed the earth.

Macca=Daft Punk

I can be realistic and tell you that Daft Punk will never play. (Unless there is some lineup change)

One of the robots has ear issues that stop them touring.

Just now, Quark said:

I should point out that Mother Qperior will be absolutely mortified if I don't see him.  She's already pissed that I get to see D-Rozzle, and if Mickey Bubbles comes up as well I don't think she'll ever talk to me again.  Might also be the first recorded case of someone's mum attempting to recreate the Twix story to get over the fence ?

If it's not your thing just lie and say you saw him ? 

I do that with my relatives all the time. My mom (in Canada we have mom's not mum's) will be like "Oh how was Ed Sharon" (she cant say his name right) and I'll be like "So great mom" and dont have the heart to tell her I was off my tits at Justice. 

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

If it's not your thing just lie and say you saw him ? 

I do that with my relatives all the time. My mom (in Canada we have mom's not mum's) will be like "Oh how was Ed Sharon" (she cant say his name right) and I'll be like "So great mom" and dont have the heart to tell her I was off my tits at Justice. 

As were all right minded people that night :)

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can be realistic and tell you that Daft Punk will never play. (Unless there is some lineup change)

That was Thomas Bangalter, I believe that one of the guys from Slam who were the first to rep Daft Punk said recently that he was fine now and had recovered enough to perform again, obviously with extra precautions and only if should they so chose.

Forgotten where I read that though so don't quote me. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Bangalter stopped DJing in clubs in 2002 because he was starting to get tinnitus.  They went on to tour in 2007 and have made appearances since then.

They will perform again.  

Please don't dash our dreams!  ;-)

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

That was Thomas Bangalter, I believe that one of the guys from Slam who were the first to rep Daft Punk said recently that he was fine now and had recovered enough to perform again, obviously with extra precautions and only if should they so chose.

Forgotten where I read that though so don't quote me. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Bangalter stopped DJing in clubs in 2002 because he was starting to get tinnitus.  They went on to tour in 2007 and have made appearances since then.

They will perform again.  

Please don't dash our dreams!  ?

I’ve heard that he’s very cautious though. You don’t exactly cure tinnitus. 

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve heard that he’s very cautious though. You don’t exactly cure tinnitus. 

Oh I'm sure, I just wouldn't say with a degree of certainty that they will never play. More that they probably won't tour again.

Although we like turning probabilities into certainties on here which I'm all for, makes for more interesting debates

1 minute ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Oh I'm sure, I just wouldn't say with a degree of certainty that they will never play. More that they probably won't tour again.

Although we like turning probabilities into certainties on here which I'm all for, makes for more interesting debates

Meh. I do think Daft Punk’s reluctance to tour has been for a good reason though. If money has not tempted them to do it there is probably a massive hurdle to be overcome.

Coachella has offered them daft ( :P ) money in the past and they’ve said no. So I don’t know what it would take nowadays for them to do it.

I think they will do some shows again in the future. Reunions are hard to predict and they always come at a random time. Rage for example no one saw coming. It will happen one day when we least expect it.