Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Tyler yet? He's out and about in Europe in early June 

Screenshot_2019-11-25-16-19-41-170_com.twitter.android.jpg

Is he a Charlatans tribute act?

Anyway, all those playing Bristol Sounds, I may be wrong but I don't think any acts playing that have turned up at Glastonbury?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I am wrong!

2 from 2017, one from 2019. I can't be arsed checking further back (not even sure it goes further back).

bristol_sounds_-4906019496.jpg.d88f5cd889a1e7e305f82fd983f43706.jpg

717412155_brissoundint.jpg.88da5b7daef05261745ef278fd828261.jpg

Thought that Supergrass (TBC) and NGHFB we’re guaranteed, but after your brief analysis I’m more uncertain

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I've been back and found why Supergrass are tbc, reckon they'll be there.

Maybe them and Noel as a maximum then based on previous years. 

Just looked at the Castlefield Bowl lineup too and that appears only 2 from last year too 

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Why mid afternoon? I mean I'm definitely on board but wondering why so specific! 

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Less conflict  for the Evening? 

Haha yeah fair question. But Suprefan has pretty much summed up my thinking. I love a good mid-afternoon dance but they're unlikely to draw me away from some of the bigger names. 

11 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Bon Iver out - playing Aus and NZ end of June

Well, we were bound to get a big body blow at some point.

How many times are they going to dodge doing Glastonbury?! Surely the festival wants them to play, and Justin has popped up on his own before. I wonder why it's not working out? Other headline/Pyramid sub seemed a good bet this year (and tbf the last 3 years as well).

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well, we were bound to get a big body blow at some point.

How many times are they going to dodge doing Glastonbury?! Surely the festival wants them to play, and Justin has popped up on his own before. I wonder why it's not working out? Other headline/Pyramid sub seemed a good bet this year (and tbf the last 3 years as well).

The current tour production is meant for an indoor setting, it doesnt seem that it can be pulled off outside. So unless theyre willing to sacrifice that, then there wouldnt be a way for them to play. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The current tour production is meant for an indoor setting, it doesnt seem that it can be pulled off outside. So unless theyre willing to sacrifice that, then there wouldnt be a way for them to play. 

Is it a different production to the summer? They headlined festivals in the summer and the production was amazing - the Mad Cool set was one of the best headline sets I've seen.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't like that he's nicked back 'The Beat' name now Roger has passed away. :( 

For the last gawd knows how many decades he's performed in the UK as 'The English Beat with Dave Wakeling'.

I did wonder about that when I saw the poster, thought I was mis-remembering the name usage.