Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Me neither, but I'm not his target audience. The guy is quite clearly doing very well 

He knows his audience well and gives them what they like. As I say not my idea of good music but I refuse to criticise, he pleases a lot of folk especially the teens. Hampden however will be carnage. A helluva lot of underages well off their faces.  Much like I was going to hard rock gigs in the 70s!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

10 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Gerry Cinnamon playing at Hamden, is he really that big?

Watch it sell out in minutes.

Only need to look at TRNSMT from 2018 (that was the gig that announced him to the music world and way before any media types or anyone in England had even heard of him) and with the crowd he got in Glasgow he could've sold Hampden even back then.

Ive been in to Gerry for about 3 or 4 years now and seen him live a couple of times. To be fair to the bloke he’s done it all on his own terms. No label, no air play till about a year ago, just plenty of gigs and some tunes that a lot of people can relate too. Probably helped by a total lack of reputable dark fruit bands. 

Was walking through Leeds station for my commute home and can spot his fans a mile off. Mainly late teen girls dressed like the cast of Derry Girls. They love him and fair play, he’s having the time of his life. 

Does seem mental Gerry cinnamon playing Hampden ,but fair play to the bloke he seems to have worked hard in building a reputation sticking 2 fingers up to the usual progression of signing to a label and doing as your told etc , although im not sure how  having a record deal is that advantageous nowadays as money seems to be made from constant touring and likes on social.media and streaming .

Personally I love the album , and can't wait for later as off to motorpoint in Cardiff for a belter of a show ,not sure if I'm his typical audience but I like a good tune I can sing along to ,feel good music for otherwise depressing times.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, Dronx said:

Probably helped by a total lack of reputable dark fruit bands. 

Probably not a discussion for this thread but what is the reason for this? It's always puzzled me. Is it as simple as a London-centric music industry and the inherent class/north-south divide.

Surely record labels must have people to tell the likes of CATB or Blossoms that they just need to chuck on a pair of Adidas Gazelles and they'd sell twice as many tickets.

3 hours ago, iforaneye said:

Probably not a discussion for this thread but what is the reason for this? It's always puzzled me. Is it as simple as a London-centric music industry and the inherent class/north-south divide.

Surely record labels must have people to tell the likes of CATB or Blossoms that they just need to chuck on a pair of Adidas Gazelles and they'd sell twice as many tickets.

I was reading an interview with HMLTD the other day where they talked about someone from their label turning up to the studio and trying to make them wear Pretty Green parkas to appeal to people from the north :lol: 

Well Gerry delivered a perfect gig ,and yes there were some idiots but they are younger and having a good time like I and many others did back in the day ,

Only thing that narked me was all the hype of not getting in without proof of purchase ,never saw anyone get checked for tickets matching card ,the queues outside were crazy suggesting they were checking them to start with then gave up due to the weather 

18 hours ago, cidy said:

Got to the one of the best feelings in the world when the crowd sings along to one of your songs before it's even been released which has been the case with Gerry's songs 

The general feeling up here is that he’s done well, plays to a certain audience and if you don’t like him, well, like anything else don’t go and see him. That’s true of all music.  The hampden show is on a summer Saturday, if is sunny then I reckon carnage will ensue! Lots of drunk teenagers a bit like what t in the park degenerated into after being so good for years. Nothing like a rite of passage for school leavers to be a cluster fuck. But as I say I remember going to heavy rock gigs off my face on  voddy and lager at that age.