Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Don't get a guy's hopes up like that. She would be amazing 3rd down on the Sunday, following DiRozzle. They'll want some crowd churn at some point so they'll stick a Foals or another band on before Taylor. 

You say that, but I can’t imagine Aerosmith - Noel - Macca generating too much churn.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We don’t know for sure but that seems the most likely at the moment.

Thinking about it, could they be opening the stage and a reason for the extended of the field? Most of us here think that we're gonna get some kind of bigger than usual band opening the day. 

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Thinking about it, could they be opening the stage and a reason for the extended of the field? Most of us here think that we're gonna get some kind of bigger than usual band opening the day. 

Aerosmith are bigger than most acts that have headlined Glastonbury, or at least sold far more albums. I can't see them playing to a half-empty field at 11am tbh

8 hours ago, jparx said:

Not sure where to put this, but re: the Greg James thing, they've been tying Lizzo in with it. Could it be leading to some announcement that she's doing the Big Weekend?

I still don't fully rule out Lizzo subbing the Pyramid. Her dates seem really sporadic this summer and they wouldn't rule out her coming across the pond for a big show at Glastonbury. 

I think blossoms are more likely for big weekend because they have a 4 day gap from 22nd may to 26th may.

And the killers will also play because they are doing Doncaster two days after big weekend finishes.

•Amyl and the Sniffers- in England  end of June- gap day on Sunday 28th.

•Alex Cameron- confirmed other European festivals start of July.

•Amadou and Mariam- playing the usual shitload of festivals all summer.

•Belle and Sebastian- Glasto week gap in busy festival schedule.

•Big Thief- Glasto Friday and Sunday gaps in otherwise busy England touring schedule.

•Black Lips- Euro festivals all summer- nothing planned for Glasto week.

•Caribou- Euro festivals all summer- nothing planned for Glasto week.

•Chromatics- Euro festivals in summer- gap for Glasto week.

•Fat White Family- doing uk festivals plus affiliated members in ‘Warmduscher’ who are already strongly rumoured.

•FLOHIO- playing Euro fests at the time..plus they are bound to have more grime artists this year.

•Four Tet- Euro fests with Glasto week gap.

•Hinds- Back off US tour in time to start Euro festival circuit- free Glasto week.

•Hot Chip- begin uk festival circuit in June- nothing for Glasto week yet.

•IDLES- playing soooo many festivals in summer and free Sat and Sun of Glasto.

•King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard- playing heaps of Euro fests- Glasto weekend free.

•Lee “Scratch” Perry- in uk in June- is basically a walking Glastonbury.

•Little Simz- Glasto gap in uk festival schedule, plus there’s bound to me more grime this year.

•mclusky- no evidence..but they are pretty much back together..I just want it.

•Metronomy- busy festival schedule with Glasto gap.

•Nas- doing a French festival on the Friday night.

•Oh Sees (formally Thee Oh Sees)- big Euro tour with Glasto gap.

•Pavement- playing both Primaveras in June.

•Soccer Mommy- heavy English tour schedule with Fri and sat Glasto days free.

•Stereolab- just announced a couple uk festivals in summer after pretty much touring the rest of the world til that point.

•The Big Moon- Glasto gaps for fri and sat on uk tour.

•Weezer (current best of show)- in uk- Sunday gap for Glasto.

•Wu-Tang Clan- In uk playing Boomtown festival.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, dyce-e-boyz said:

•Amyl and the Sniffers- in England  end of June- gap day on Sunday 28th.

•Alex Cameron- confirmed other European festivals start of July.

•Amadou and Mariam- playing the usual shitload of festivals all summer.

•Belle and Sebastian- Glasto week gap in busy festival schedule.

•Big Thief- Glasto Friday and Sunday gaps in otherwise busy England touring schedule.

•Black Lips- Euro festivals all summer- nothing planned for Glasto week.

•Caribou- Euro festivals all summer- nothing planned for Glasto week.

•Chromatics- Euro festivals in summer- gap for Glasto week.

•Fat White Family- doing uk festivals plus affiliated members in ‘Warmduscher’ who are already strongly rumoured.

•FLOHIO- playing Euro fests at the time..plus they are bound to have more grime artists this year.

•Four Tet- Euro fests with Glasto week gap.

•Hinds- Back off US tour in time to start Euro festival circuit- free Glasto week.

•Hot Chip- begin uk festival circuit in June- nothing for Glasto week yet.

•IDLES- playing soooo many festivals in summer and free Sat and Sun of Glasto.

•King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard- playing heaps of Euro fests- Glasto weekend free.

•Lee “Scratch” Perry- in uk in June- is basically a walking Glastonbury.

•Little Simz- Glasto gap in uk festival schedule, plus there’s bound to me more grime this year.

•mclusky- no evidence..but they are pretty much back together..I just want it.

•Metronomy- busy festival schedule with Glasto gap.

•Nas- doing a French festival on the Friday night.

•Oh Sees (formally Thee Oh Sees)- big Euro tour with Glasto gap.

•Pavement- playing both Primaveras in June.

•Soccer Mommy- heavy English tour schedule with Fri and sat Glasto days free.

•Stereolab- just announced a couple uk festivals in summer after pretty much touring the rest of the world til that point.

•The Big Moon- Glasto gaps for fri and sat on uk tour.

•Weezer (current best of show)- in uk- Sunday gap for Glasto.

•Wu-Tang Clan- In uk playing Boomtown festival.

Pavement are only doing two shows this year; Primavera has them as a worldwide exclusive. I can't see Fat White Family, Wu-Tang, Hot Chip or Idles returning so soon; maybe a DJ set from some of them but that's all. Weezer are touring with Green Day so they'd end up playing four (?) days in a row if they were at Glastonbury too.

29 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Those alone would be a hell of a line-up. Doubt Wu-Tang would be back soon though and I think Oh Sees are destined never to play though, they always seem to be about and never do it.

Yeah I've noticed that over the years..I'm not sure if Oh Sees play a lot of big festivals..they've been to Coachella plenty, but that's on their doorstep.

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pavement are only doing two shows this year; Primavera has them as a worldwide exclusive. I can't see Fat White Family, Wu-Tang, Hot Chip or Idles returning so soon; maybe a DJ set from some of them but that's all. Weezer are touring with Green Day so they'd end up playing four (?) days in a row if they were at Glastonbury too.

Yeah, bit of a boob on my part about Pavement...I think I had heard that somewhere. I'd be at Prima again myself if it wasn't for work 😐

4 minutes ago, dyce-e-boyz said:

Yeah I've noticed that over the years..I'm not sure if Oh Sees play a lot of big festivals..they've been to Coachella plenty, but that's on their doorstep.

They've done, off the top of my head, End Of The Road, Bearded Theory and Green Man festivals so they're not totally averse to them, they just never play Glastonbury. Same with Ty Segall and a few others of their ilk. Shame as they'd all kill it.

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

They've done, off the top of my head, End Of The Road, Bearded Theory and Green Man festivals so they're not totally averse to them, they just never play Glastonbury. Same with Ty Segall and a few others of their ilk. Shame as they'd all kill it.

I have see Oh Sees at a couple of Primaveras tho..and they were ace

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

IDLES have a new album out and are still riding the wave. Can definitely see them back, possibly even headline the JPT. Huge space for them to fill but they play to sold out crowds literally everywhere now, so not out of the question. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, kingcrawler said:

Looks like Hamilton Leithauser is playing Glasgow at the start of June, hopefully he sticks around in Europe for the rest of the month and pops up on The Park again.

Bizarrely this is on sale in a few hours yet still hasn't been announced, along with presumably the rest of the European tour.

Edited by fightoffyour