Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Its only £130 for a 3 day ticket. Just gotta fly to Chicago! My 12th year going, always a fun weekend. You have to  hope the weather holds up though. I dont know if many of you wouldve survived the horrendous heat wave they had last year. 

What's the alcohol policy....free to roam with a cold one at the stages, or penned up in a fenced off area?

56 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

What's the alcohol policy....free to roam with a cold one at the stages, or penned up in a fenced off area?

Free to roam, they have a good selection of beers too. You have to buy drink tickets, but if you go in early you just stock up on those. Goose Island is their primary beer sponsor. They also do a collaboration with one of the artists to sell exclusively at the fest.  Its a deceivingly small affair, just over 20,000 per day if its sold out.  And it ends early at 10pm, thats the city's noise curfew for festivals. But last call at bars in Chicago is 4am, so its a win win.

Edited by Suprefan

Cage The Elephant as a drunk gig at Victoria Warehouse, Manchester were class*  Crowd weren’t great and they only really played from the Grammy nominated albums however I hope to see them at Glasto, energy and live were great and hopefully they appear in the John Peel or Park.

*probably weren’t that good sober 

Not sure where to put this, but re: the Greg James thing, they've been tying Lizzo in with it. Could it be leading to some announcement that she's doing the Big Weekend?

I still don't fully rule out Lizzo subbing the Pyramid. Her dates seem really sporadic this summer and they wouldn't rule out her coming across the pond for a big show at Glastonbury. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, priest17 said:

Looks like they might be doing a little bit more in the future

"All I can say is that I feel ready to make some music."

https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/yeah-yeah-yeahs-karen-o-splendour-australia-2020/11979442

This and the other YYY dates seem to be destroying my last lingering hope that Karen O would do some Lux Prima performances...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Makes you wonder why the Paris one is always absolute turd 

I kinda wish the Paris line ups happened here. Lots of acts they have had on those that have never played the one here. They experiment more with bookings and such for that one and are a bit more safe with the u.s. version you could say. I thought they almost had booked the 1975 because theyre 2 states over the same weekend of the fest with nothing else scheduled. Gonna be a fun weekend, just hope it doesnt rain.

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Not sure where to put this, but re: the Greg James thing, they've been tying Lizzo in with it. Could it be leading to some announcement that she's doing the Big Weekend?

I still don't fully rule out Lizzo subbing the Pyramid. Her dates seem really sporadic this summer and they wouldn't rule out her coming across the pond for a big show at Glastonbury. 

Don't get a guy's hopes up like that. She would be amazing 3rd down on the Sunday, following DiRozzle. They'll want some crowd churn at some point so they'll stick a Foals or another band on before Taylor. 

22 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Don't get a guy's hopes up like that. She would be amazing 3rd down on the Sunday, following DiRozzle. They'll want some crowd churn at some point so they'll stick a Foals or another band on before Taylor. 

Aka the Nick Cave slot 😎