Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

On 1/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, pineweasel said:

Just spotted this Steve Hillage Band gig on the Thursday, surely a warm up for a Glade appearance?

https://www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk/events/the-steve-hillage-band/

just about convinced he'll be playing, as he has just 3 dates immediately before Glasto, and then nothing until a just-announced bigger tour in October.

That's a pretty savage lineup for Kendal Calling though. I would have thought perhaps the entire second line and also Dizzee Rascal would be top line names for Kendal.

Wonder here Biffy will end up then. I was sure they'd trot down to Kendal. Not that that's relevant to Glastonbury like, or interesting in any way.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4255504

The whole double album thing hasn’t really worked out for their headlining credentials has it? I know the first album went down really well but the second didn’t really receive much fanfare after its release. It feels like this is their second year touring the same material and they’re just taking whatever offers they can get, rather than promoting a new album and playing off the back of that. Easy to say with hindsight of course but I feel like playing one or two bigger festivals off one big album would have worked out better than touring all the mid-sized ones across two summers.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The whole double album thing hasn’t really worked out for their headlining credentials has it? I know the first album went down really well but the second didn’t really receive much fanfare after its release. It feels like this is their second year touring the same material and they’re just taking whatever offers they can get, rather than promoting a new album and playing off the back of that. Easy to say with hindsight of course but I feel like playing one or two bigger festivals off one big album would have worked out better than touring all the mid-sized ones across two summers.

Yeah. I think they thought they'd be doing bigger gigs too from what they'd said in interviews, but I guess if bands drop down a level to take some paydays then they ought to be willing to stay at that level.

I know it's been delayed so much that it's hardly a two-parter anymore but I think The 1975's double album is panning out like that a little too, especially in how comparatively little press their new songs are getting.

7 minutes ago, DJL said:

Have a feeling they'll be announcing a tour after Skin has finished on a certain television show...

Ah. I haven't watched that show but it would certainly make sense that she does that, drums up interest for a tour and they hit Glastonbury.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah. I think they thought they'd be doing bigger gigs too from what they'd said in interviews, but I guess if bands drop down a level to take some paydays then they ought to be willing to stay at that level.

I know it's been delayed so much that it's hardly a two-parter anymore but I think The 1975's double album is panning out like that a little too, especially in how comparatively little press their new songs are getting.

I was assuming when they dropped 'People' the next album would be a big change in direction for them hence why they went for a double album, but everything since has been more of the same really.

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

My money is on APE.

Yeah they'll take anyone if it's late enough.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Their Summer Sessions gig announced today for Edinburgh puts them on equal footing with Michael Kiwanuka and McFly.

Everyone was owned in the Foals v The 1975 argument then.

Nah, Kasabian played that thing once and they're bigger than '75.

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I was assuming when they dropped 'People' the next album would be a big change in direction for them hence why they went for a double album, but everything since has been more of the same really.

You surely didn't think it was gonna be a full on nu metal thing?

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah they'll take anyone if it's late enough.

Everyone was owned in the Foals v The 1975 argument then.

Nah, Kasabian played that thing once and they're bigger than '75.

You surely didn't think it was gonna be a full on nu metal thing?

Ha, not those of us who thought they both weren't big enough to headline 2020.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

giphy.gif

Way bigger. Not even a contest.

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I mean I wasn't expecting Healy to don a red New Era Cap but that last single sounds like something off the credits of a straight to DVD American Pie film.

It is possible that the new album is an ode to the early 2000's and the next song will be a Lemon Jelly rip-off.