Jump to content
Gnomicide

Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Recommended Posts

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Wow, they played some shows towards the end of last year - as a fundraiser for the family of one of their best friends. I got the impression that was that, but looks like they're back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Jones dates with a big Glasto gap

 

Belfast Botanic Gardens, 31 May
Cork Live At The Marquee, 02 June
Hull College Craven Park Stadum, 13
Darlington Arena, 14
Plymouth Hoe, 19
Telford QEII Arena, 28
Tonbridge The Hop Farm, 05 July
Newmarket Racecourse, 24
Carlisle Bitts Park, 26
Norwich Earlham Park, 16 Aug

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Tom Jones dates with a big Glasto gap

 

Belfast Botanic Gardens, 31 May
Cork Live At The Marquee, 02 June
Hull College Craven Park Stadum, 13
Darlington Arena, 14
Plymouth Hoe, 19
Telford QEII Arena, 28
Tonbridge The Hop Farm, 05 July
Newmarket Racecourse, 24
Carlisle Bitts Park, 26
Norwich Earlham Park, 16 Aug

oioi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Jones on the Friday and Glastonbury 50 has a legend slot each day 😉

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stereophonics have a couple of dates in July... did we ever 100% rule them out? They fit the “Pyramid level” Other description...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Stereophonics have a couple of dates in July... did we ever 100% rule them out? They fit the “Pyramid level” Other description...

They maybe did in 2008 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fully convinced acts structure their tours with a glasto gap just in case they get a call.

 

Edited by Matt42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They maybe did in 2008 

Still a decent sized draw I’d say. They’d attract a decent crowd opposite Swifty for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Would absolutely love distillers and/or System of a Down here. Lord knows where they’d play like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I am fully convinced acts structure their tours with a glasto gap just in case they get a call.

 

And if they don’t get the call they can blag their way in as punters via hospitality! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I am fully convinced acts structure their tours with a glasto gap just in case they get a call.

 

Bonobo said he purposely left a Glastonbury gap in his touring schedule a couple of years ago but never got the call. So I don't think you're far off for some acts. 

Picture shamelessly stolen from this very site:

 

Screenshot_20170530-225539.thumb.png.c29c97601d3dca0f3c9dcc9bf67f2a32.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

It's crazy how Killswitch Engage can headline 2nd stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Yes please. Are you going the Feb. tour? 

Apparently, FFAF this is their last show (again) - they've said it's the 'last chance to dance'...

Edited by vintagelaureate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah you're right, and despite the fact they only subbed Glastonbury in 2017 they seem to headline everywhere else so Emily's comment still stands. Think they're more of a front runner for this than anybody else now.

Very possible Biffy Clyro will headline the other,  Sunday night.  A good contrast from Swifty on the pyramid. They’ve been mentioned for a few years as possible headliners but I reckon the  Pyramid headline ship has sailed for them. Would fit in with the comments about pyramid style headliners on other stages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Would absolutely love distillers and/or System of a Down here. Lord knows where they’d play like

I would shamefully quite like the darkness to play, maybe Avalon stage or opening a stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I would shamefully quite like the darkness to play, maybe Avalon stage or opening a stage.

There’s a hatchet to bury there between Hawkins and M.E. Won’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Can see three acts on the poster that were there last year so could be on for a couple of the smaller acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

There’s a hatchet to bury there between Hawkins and M.E. Won’t happen. 

Oh really, what's the issue there? First time I've heard that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

That seems like someone said to Justin that Glastonbury wants to book them when they didn't and then got pissed off because no one contacted them.

From what I know (grew up in the same area and went to the same school as the band (fair few years prior) he was a complete dick to anyone outside of their circles and it only got worse. 

He has made apologies since he's been sober though and especially since the band have been back, I think they'd make a fantastic early other band for a bit of fun. 

Edited by chazwwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

That seems like someone said to Justin that Glastonbury wants to book them when they didn't and then got pissed off because no one contacted them.

From what I know (grew up in the same area and went to the same school as the band (fair few years prior) he was a complete dick to anyone outside of their circles and it only got worse. 

Yeah it always struck me as a Justin ego thing than an actual fallout, clearly thought he was the biggest thing about for about 18 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...