Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

I wonder if the media have got hold of this information therefore she’s publicly came out and told the world rather than it being broke by the media, similar to Gareth Thomas announcing that he’s H.I.V positive. 

Heard on the radio this morning that she had posted following a journalist contacting her to speak to her about why she had been absent for so long. This prompted the interview she mentioned that’s going to be published. 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Heard on the radio this morning that she had posted following a journalist contacting her to speak to her about why she had been absent for so long. This prompted the interview she mentioned that’s going to be published. 

Always got something to do with them gobshites hasn’t it. She’ll get an absolutely massive welcome back to the public domain if she ever plans to perform again. Very brave of her to come out and speak openly about it. Takes bollocks to do that. 

7 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Always got something to do with them gobshites hasn’t it. She’ll get an absolutely massive welcome back to the public domain if she ever plans to perform again. Very brave of her to come out and speak openly about it. Takes bollocks to do that. 

Her statement doesn't read as if the journalist was pestering her or anything, it sounds like they just reached to out to find out why she'd been away from the public eye. It's probably not the first time it's happened, but it's the first time she's been ready to speak about it.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Her statement doesn't read as if the journalist was pestering her or anything, it sounds like they just reached to out to find out why she'd been away from the public eye. It's probably not the first time it's happened, but it's the first time she's been ready to speak about it.

Doesn’t matter though does it, just leave her alone, up to her what she’s doing, just because she’s inactive doesn’t mean that journos have a right to start knocking at her door. 

3 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Doesn’t matter though does it, just leave her alone, up to her what she’s doing, just because she’s inactive doesn’t mean that journos have a right to start knocking at her door. 

Think that's for her to say to be honest (which she hasn't), not you.

11 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

i don't get you, she clearly mentions the reporter in a positive light and plenty of good things (see weinstein etc.) have come out because decent journalists give people a space where they feel supported to tell their story.

I haven’t read what was reported, I don’t want to read what was reported. If she’s had a good experience with the journalist then that’s great and if she’s wanted to tell her story but hasn’t felt like she’s been able to and and the journalist has unlocked the platform for her to tell the world what happened then that’s great. What I’m saying is that in the first place the journalist doesn’t have a right to go knocking on her door and be like “where’ve you been?”. 

5 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I haven’t read what was reported, I don’t want to read what was reported. If she’s had a good experience with the journalist then that’s great and if she’s wanted to tell her story but hasn’t felt like she’s been able to and and the journalist has unlocked the platform for her to tell the world what happened then that’s great. What I’m saying is that in the first place the journalist doesn’t have a right to go knocking on her door and be like “where’ve you been?”. 

So no journalist is ever allowed to approach someone to ask for an interview?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Nobody is talking about what has been reported, it's her own words, in her own post. 

2 hours ago, duke88 said:

So no journalist is ever allowed to approach someone to ask for an interview?

I’m not saying that, I’m saying there’s no need to go knocking on someone’s door for an interview just because they’ve been missing for a while. You want to ask for an interview on the back of success then go for it. 

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Nobody is talking about what has been reported, it's her own words, in her own post. 

I’m not talking about what has been reported, I’ve not read what has been reported nor have I read her own words on what happened to her. I’m talking about the act of a journalist sniffing for a story when there’s a chance that before all of this she didn’t want any interaction with the press to start with. 

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I’m not saying that, I’m saying there’s no need to go knocking on someone’s door for an interview just because they’ve been missing for a while. You want to ask for an interview on the back of success then go for it. 

I’m not talking about what has been reported, I’ve not read what has been reported nor have I read her own words on what happened to her. I’m talking about the act of a journalist sniffing for a story when there’s a chance that before all of this she didn’t want any interaction with the press to start with. 

A journalist 'sniffing for a story'. That's literally their job.

I think they are virtually confirmed...

Supergrass were excellent last night. Bang on form. Played all the hits  a good 22 tunes or so. They did everything. I forgot quite how many great tunes they had til last night.

The Coral as support were good. I can't say I am a massive Coral Fan really, but they were very good too.