Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What does that even mean?

Pretty poor form @eFestivals for you to like that post given you apparently want things on your forum to stay clean.....apparently not!

To be fair it was you who brought up your own arse and throat. Usually people just say things get shoved down your throat. Though in your case you do seem to do more talking out of your arse than using your throat so makes sense you'd bring it into the equation.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Jesus, that Duffy stuff is horrific.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Just incredibly upsetting. Huge respect for her getting that out in the open, can't even imagine how it must feel.

It's bloody awful.

Has anyone read any more detail other than the post she made?  Was the person responsible for this horrificness caught and sentenced? How did she escape?

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's bloody awful.

Has anyone read any more detail other than the post she made?  Was the person responsible for this horrificness caught and sentenced? How did she escape?

Not sure - to be honest I don't really want to read any more about it! 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Awful story.

Don't think there is much more information out there on it at the minute but no doubt she will go into more detail in her 'spoken interview'

I'm just thinking that if there was an arrest, court case and conviction, it's pretty unusual for our tabloid media vultures to miss something like that.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm just thinking that if there was an arrest, court case and conviction, it's pretty unusual for our tabloid media vultures to miss something like that.

There'll be journalists scouring a decades worth of convictions for kidnap and rape where the victim was kept anonymous.

Also possible it wasn't the UK. Duffy's last gig (on setlist.fm) was in Germany, January 2011. According to wikipedia she no showed an event in Dubai in 2012.

11 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I wonder if the media have got hold of this information therefore she’s publicly came out and told the world rather than it being broke by the media, similar to Gareth Thomas announcing that he’s H.I.V positive. 

No, because victims of sexual assault cannot be named. There's no way a media outlet could report this without her consent, even if they knew about it.

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

No, because victims of sexual assault cannot be named. There's no way a media outlet could report this without her consent, even if they knew about it.On it.

On it. 

Mad though init that they can’t name victims of sexual assault yet they can broadcast the world that someone is H.I.V positive. The world’s fucked man.