Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

On 2/21/2020 at 7:52 PM, Suprefan said:

Be there again you mean? And if we made a list of acts that had nothing going on in june or july it wouldnt ever end. Next time he is there its likely as an Other headliner or a good slot on the pyramid. And artists are allowed to take time off, they shouldnt have to constantly be performing and bending to our desires/wishes.

Yes, I know he was there before, I saw him. 

Well isn't this thread speculation on people performing based on how free they are in terms of other dates they are playing/not playing? It's literally called acts touring around glastonbury. Dave is touring with a break in June/July. I don't see how my thinking 'he has a gap there, perhaps he's playing' is any different to that, certainly not enough to elicit a somewhat prickly response.

Edited by I feel like Pablo

4 hours ago, CJTM said:

Have you missed the gender balance discussion of the last few years?

Missed it?!, it's being shoved dow  your throat and up your arse everyday. We'll just forgot about all the females to have played Glastonbury on the big stage shall we?, Mary J, Macy Gray, Laura Mvula, Courtney Barbett, Miley, Kylie, Beyonce, Adele, Dolly Parton, LDR, Lily Allen female fronted options such as Wolf Alice and Blondie to name a few. Do you want to add Kelis to that, HAIM to that, Goldfrap to that, Ellie Goulding, Rokia Traore, Jess Glynne, Chvrches, CATQ, Allesia Cara, Roisin Murphy, Dua Lipa. That's covering a few festivals. 

It seriously just needs to stop. 

• Downvote 10

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Missed it?!, it's being shoved dow  your throat and up your arse everyday. We'll just forgot about all the females to have played Glastonbury on the big stage shall we?, Mary J, Macy Gray, Laura Mvula, Courtney Barbett, Miley, Kylie, Beyonce, Adele, Dolly Parton, LDR, Lily Allen female fronted options such as Wolf Alice and Blondie to name a few. Do you want to add Kelis to that, HAIM to that, Goldfrap to that, Ellie Goulding, Rokia Traore, Jess Glynne, Chvrches, CATQ, Allesia Cara, Roisin Murphy, Dua Lipa. That's covering a few festivals. 

Down with women!

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

We'll just forgot about all the females to have played Glastonbury on the big stage shall we?, Mary J, Macy Gray, Laura Mvula, Courtney Barbett, Miley, Kylie, Beyonce, Adele, Dolly Parton, LDR, Lily Allen female fronted options such as Wolf Alice and Blondie to name a few. Do you want to add Kelis to that, HAIM to that, Goldfrap to that, Ellie Goulding, Rokia Traore, Jess Glynne, Chvrches, CATQ, Allesia Cara, Roisin Murphy, Dua Lipa. That's covering a few festivals. 

7914F0E6-E659-4AF6-9417-795655937693.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Think how many of them you could walk back to their tent though 

• Upvote 3

So you're saying theres too many female acts playing. Not because they're good but because Emily wants to shove gender equality. 

This is one of your lower points. 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

6A4ECE4B-3D7C-444C-969C-7DE886B247E3.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Why?

Lol, because they are already there without needing raise awareness for it basically. I don't think woman should stop playing obviously and that's not the point, nor have I said it is but we're acting the every stage every year is just men.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

So you're saying theres too many female acts playing. Not because they're good but because Emily wants to shove gender equality. 

This is one of your lower points. 

No I'm not at all, I'm saying stop with the posts making it sound like woman just don't play when it's clear they do and have been represented across the stage.

Its not a low point, you've read it wrong. A few years ago, people would go crazy on here at the idea of some of the female pop acts that V Fest booked attending Glastonbury....I've always liked a catchy pop tune so I didn't care but now roles reversed.

6 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Yes, I know he was there before, I saw him. 

Well isn't this thread speculation on people performing based on how free they are in terms of other dates they are playing/not playing? It's literally called acts touring around glastonbury. Dave is touring with a break in June/July. I don't see how my thinking 'he has a gap there, perhaps he's playing' is any different to that, certainly not enough to elicit a somewhat prickly response.

This is the internet, hope you like it here. 

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Somewhat symbolic that Gaz is getting gender equality shoved both down his throat and up his arse thereby achieving his own sense of internal balance. 

What does that even mean?

Pretty poor form @eFestivals for you to like that post given you apparently want things on your forum to stay clean.....apparently not!