Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

10 hours ago, priest17 said:

Those alone would be a hell of a line-up. Doubt Wu-Tang would be back soon though and I think Oh Sees are destined never to play though, they always seem to be about and never do it.

I’ve given up tickets to see them twice now but told myself they’d be at glasto..  would be a great booking

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Frank carter and the rattlesnakes have got a gap from 20th June to 10th July.

I just have a feeling that they are playing.

Because it would seem to match their dates.

They went down well in JPT to a predominantly Killers crowd a few years ago. Would be great to see them back either there or on the Other maybe? There wouldn't be much that could keep me away from that.

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

They went down well in JPT to a predominantly Killers crowd a few years ago. Would be great to see them back either there or on the Other maybe? There wouldn't be much that could keep me away from that.

Think they’re a shoo-in (or shoe-in) to be the 3rd or 4th act on the Other in daytime.

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Elvana are playing Bournemouth on the 27th June and can't see them playing anything else Glasto weekend

Meant to be a good time live

Elvana and IDLES were amazing on the Truth Stage last year. Elvana closed the festival for me on the Sunday night/Monday morning. It was a mass singalong and bloody brilliant. 

7 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but haven't been able to make it through all 151 pages to check if it's been mentioned yet (sure it has been) but are we thinking Dave might be there? He's got a big gap June/July in his tour. 

Be there again you mean? And if we made a list of acts that had nothing going on in june or july it wouldnt ever end. Next time he is there its likely as an Other headliner or a good slot on the pyramid. And artists are allowed to take time off, they shouldnt have to constantly be performing and bending to our desires/wishes.

17 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but haven't been able to make it through all 151 pages to check if it's been mentioned yet (sure it has been) but are we thinking Dave might be there? He's got a big gap June/July in his tour. 

I don’t know if it’s been discussed at length and it’s pretty possible.

The only issue is, is that the slots he could now play seem to have more other acts in them where there there’s a bit more to back them up in that slot if that makes sense.

He’s already subbed the Other Stage, so next step is Pyramid really, all those sub slots are looking like other people. 

Early on The Pyramid? West Holts headliner potentially? 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Which dates are you looking at? He’s not doing any European festivals (to my knowledge) this year.

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh cool. He seems to be keeping it quiet this summer. Especially with U.K. fests. I think he’s probably sitting out 2020 with a view to go hard in 2021

Dunno hes got a lot of momentum from the brits which may be gone by next year. A high other stage slot seems likely IMO

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah definitely seems like that could be the case. I honestly reckon he's a really good shout to headline Glasto in 2021.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Dunno hes got a lot of momentum from the brits which may be gone by next year. A high other stage slot seems likely IMO

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He did a high Other stage slot last year.

Not much to add as Hugh Jass kinda said it for me but I always think it’s suspicious when artists sit out an entire year of festivals when they’ve got a lot of hype behind them. It probably means they are working on a new album or their management feel confident that they could get better offers the following year.

Don’t see Dave returning on the same album. It’s rare that Glastonbury will book big acts two years in a row, but pretty much unheard of that they have them back doing pretty much the same set (with the odd exception like Stormzy who was obviously supposed to have a new album out but it never panned out that way).