Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

About ten years ago or so.

It’s a long shot but at least we know they’re active this summer.

They would be a drop everything act for me, even Kendrick and Macca.

I was about to say that can't be true as I saw them at Latitude and a warm up in Islington but then googled it and found that was in 2013! They would be top of my list too as always excellent.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would Europe - US - Australia in one month be too much of a stretch?

Planes exist for a reason. Dj’s do it on the norm and the last band I saw do a grinding country/continent hopping tour was Khruangbin last year and they cancelled one gig. Look at the 1975’s tour schedule. They do Finsbury Park then a week later a u.s festival in Kentucky and then probably go back home. Theyre rumored to be a headliner for Lollapalooza Chicago so they would fly back for that and then come back for those August UK dates. Bit much isnt it? Money talks.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Planes exist for a reason. Dj’s do it on the norm and the last band I saw do a grinding country/continent hopping tour was Khruangbin last year and they cancelled one gig. Look at the 1975’s tour schedule. They do Finsbury Park then a week later a u.s festival in Kentucky and then probably go back home. Theyre rumored to be a headliner for Lollapalooza Chicago so they would fly back for that and then come back for those August UK dates. Bit much isnt it? Money talks.

True, but if they were on the European circuit we would probably know by now. Seems unlikely that they would play GF as a one off, back to the States for Pitchfork then over to Australia a week later.

US then Australia would seem more likely.

The dream is fading for another year...

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but if they were on the European circuit we would probably know by now. Seems unlikely that they would play GF as a one off, back to the States for Pitchfork then over to Australia a week later.

US then Australia would seem more likely.

The dream is fading for another year...

They have another u.s fest gig in May and thats in Tennessee. No rhyme or reason to what theyre doing, just booking some gigs and thats it. Keep hope alive!  If you want the most extreme version of doing cross country gigs, Megan Thee Stallion is doing a gig on Miami at Rolling Loud and then flying to California To play  another fest the same day. Now thats playing time zone hop scotch. hard to top when  Jay Z when he did 5 gigs in a day, but still.

Edited by Suprefan

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They strike me as a band that is desired to return to the festival, and they will just pop up randomly on a lineup one year. Like sigur ros.

I don’t follow. Sigur Ros were all over Europe; it was only in any way ‘random’ because they were falsely claimed as an exclusive. YYY would have to be all over Europe to show up too.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t follow. Sigur Ros were all over Europe; it was only in any way ‘random’ because they were falsely claimed as an exclusive. YYY would have to be all over Europe to show up too.

There were a couple of years before 2016 where Sigur Ros could have played and the stars didn’t align. That is what I meant. I’m pretty sure they’d been on the European circuit a fair bit before 2016.

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they were touring that would be a different conversation. They played APE a couple of years ago without any other UK dates so you can’t take anything for granted.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs at APE put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. As good as it gets. 

LCD were alright too.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they were touring that would be a different conversation. They played APE a couple of years ago without any other UK dates so you can’t take anything for granted.

Looks like they might be doing a little bit more in the future

"All I can say is that I feel ready to make some music."

https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/yeah-yeah-yeahs-karen-o-splendour-australia-2020/11979442