Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be honest their comeback has been a bit of a wet fart. It doesn’t seem to have gained much in the way of traction or interest.

a load of mid-sized festivals, and some support slots. bizarre way to make a comeback really.

I'd imagine there'd have been a lot more interest if it was their own gigs/tour. winter/spring was the perfect time to be doing it too.

Edited by ghostdancer1

I’d completely forgotten Doves had started playing live again tbh. Suppose they want to save the big festivals/shows for when they’ve got new material ready, but any amount of hype they might have had behind them has well and truly gone and I can’t really see a new album doing much to pick that back up.

A few months ago Emily posted an Instagram story at a doves show. Of course she can she whoever she wants without it being linked to the fest but one has to wonder... 

vampire weekend also have a glasto shaped hole in the European end of their tour, and have mentioned a couple times about Glastonbury being the greatest festival in the world... 

6 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

A few months ago Emily posted an Instagram story at a doves show. Of course she can she whoever she wants without it being linked to the fest but one has to wonder... 

vampire weekend also have a glasto shaped hole in the European end of their tour, and have mentioned a couple times about Glastonbury being the greatest festival in the world... 

VW subbed last year. I’d be gobsmacked if they were back again.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

In mitigation I think the story went that he was a last minute bump up after Metallica were moved up to the Pyramid. Having Metallica and Pixies headline the two biggest stages wouldn’t have made much sense.

He was subheadlining at Reading & Leeds and at T in the Park in the same year. The rumours of him being bumped up from another slot or stage are likely unfounded.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

VW subbed last year. I’d be gobsmacked if they were back again.

True. On the time crisis podcast though Ezra had said about wanting to do more morning shows and making that a thing. They did the secret park set at glasto in AM last year too 

Edited by Jne___

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Think people forget how big Jake Bugg was, he fit the indie teenager demographic and the 6music dad demographic very well.

I thought that earlier. The field was very busy and he did a good set. He’d previously pulled crowds on the Pyramid and packed the acoustic tent right out. He fell off a cliff since, but then, he was huge.

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

This or the park at sunset. 

I saw them at Tramlines last year and they were great. 

I will always choose to see any band I like on the Park at sunset over a larger stage in the morning.

That said, Doves are one of the few bands I think could do a good job of it.