Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

Re Angel Olsen - saw her in Bristol last week & thought she was magnificent.   Definitely needs the right slot/audience though as it's quite intense and slow-building and possibly not one for the casuals.

Sharon Van Etten worked brilliantly in JP last year so a similar thing could work for Angel Olsen if there's something big for the masses on elsewhere like LG to take a certain part of the crowd away.

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The bucky, the gig was great. I say mixed reviews but it was really more like all but one looking horrified after trying it, with one of them drinking the rest himself.

Gotcha. Although I can imagine a gig also getting mixed reviews if the band were consuming bucky :lol:

Lynard Skynard start a European tour in Italy on the 28th. Quick Glastonbury set in the sun before they get going properly? 

Also cat Stevens has a gap around then which would fit Glastonbury nicely, think he's in cork before then off be goes to France. I wonder if he could make an appearance on the way? 

11 hours ago, Harry MonkFish said:

Lynard Skynard start a European tour in Italy on the 28th. Quick Glastonbury set in the sun before they get going properly? 

Also cat Stevens has a gap around then which would fit Glastonbury nicely, think he's in cork before then off be goes to France. I wonder if he could make an appearance on the way? 

Yusuf is likely playing and he has had that gap for the last 5 months with nothing to change his circumstances.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

In what might just give a hint to a Glasto appearance, Black Uhuru are playing the Cheese & Grain on Sat 27th June.

I love Black Uhuru, but it's not really Black Uhuru. If you're lucky there's a cameo from Duckie, and then it's all people younger* than me. ;) 

(* which isn't that hard, but BU should be older than me).

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I love Black Uhuru, but it's not really Black Uhuru. If you're lucky there's a cameo from Duckie, and then it's all people younger* than me. ;) 

(* which isn't that hard, but BU should be older than me).

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Mixed feelings about this... Only one original member left, but on the other hand Free Bird!

Touch of the "Trigger's Broom" about these two

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Mixed feelings about this... Only one original member left, but on the other hand Free Bird!

I went and saw them years ago in Norwich and it was a fantastic night. I get why some people will criticise and say it's not worth it but don't let that stop you enjoying it. 

Also, Free Bird! 

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Touch of the "Trigger's Broom" about these two

It's getting there, isn't it?

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been an indie band called Trigger's Broom. I guess it would be ironic if they had a big turnover of members, or kept the original line-up all the way.

• Upvote 1