Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The killers are coheadlining a few European fests though. Mad Cool, Lollapalooza, they are also subbing McCartney at Werchter classic. I’m quite confused really that some dates of their tour they are headlining the whole shebang, and then others they are playing second fiddle to another band.

edit: sorry to clarify, they are coheadlining some festivals where other headliners are headlining outright.

Maybe they're not arsed as long as they get their fee?

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The killers are coheadlining a few European fests though. Mad Cool, Lollapalooza, they are also subbing McCartney at Werchter classic. I’m quite confused really that some dates of their tour they are headlining the whole shebang, and then others they are playing second fiddle to another band.

edit: sorry to clarify, they are coheadlining some festivals where other headliners are headlining outright.

So they’re coheadlining with Pearl Jam and Billie Eilish, both of whom are also coheadlining in this case? It’s not playing second fiddle and it shouldn’t reflect poorly on the act. It’s money - no point fucking around with the whole schedule because they should be the only headliner. Nobody should really care.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I assume they’re subbing Macca because someone said to them “hey guys, how do you fancy supporting Paul McCartney?”

Doubt there’s anything more sinister than that.

Yeah that’s the only support slot and it makes sense. Florence and the Machine supporting the Stones at London Stadium (or another London stadium?) was the same dealio.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So they’re coheadlining with Pearl Jam and Billie Eilish, both of whom are also coheadlining in this case? It’s not playing second fiddle and it shouldn’t reflect poorly on the act. It’s money - no point fucking around with the whole schedule because they should be the only headliner. Nobody should really care.

Yeah that’s the only support slot and it makes sense. Florence and the Machine supporting the Stones at London Stadium (or another London stadium?) was the same dealio.

The Stones had big name support on every date of that tour - Florence, Liam G, Elbow, think Stereophonics may have done one...

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

All valid points. The killers just seem a strange band for me to do any sort of coheadlining deal. Billie Eilish etc makes me more sense as she’s up and coming and might not be able to hold a 2 hour headline slot yet.

It's Europe though. Editors can headline a festival outright in Belgium yet have Foals and The 1975 playing underneath them halfway up the lineup. 

Co-headlining over here usually means 2 small headliners being double billed to make up a full headliner, case in point being Foals/Disclosure at Reading/Leeds in 2016. But in Europe it's often just a case of booking 6 headliners for 4 days. Case in point being the Rock Werchter I went to in 2017, Arcade Fire and Kings Of Leon co-headlined. Both easily big enough to headline outright, but if you can book both to play a headline are why wouldn't you? 

8 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Saw frank carter last night, would love to see him pop up again but for me ho99o9 were unbelievable, stick them on hell stage in shangri la for an good time

They (Ho99o9) played the Earache Express too in 2017. It's a good bet they'll be there this year, they've got links with Earache and are at a few festivals (UK) over the summer. 

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

They (Ho99o9) played the Earache Express too in 2017. It's a good bet they'll be there this year, they've got links with Earache and are at a few festivals (UK) over the summer. 

Gutted I missed this. I knew they were going to that weekend but didn't know when, looked insane

Few pages late on this but I kinda see Angel Olsen doing like 3rd down Other Stage this time around. I guess I picture it being like the PJ Harvey show - she's pretty big now, and the latest stuff has that big bombastic sound that'll fill the field nicely. But yeah, she could equally end up subbing the JP.

7 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Did Olsen not stink the Park our last time she played? Tepid pish was the review of a couple of our gang.

Thought she was amazing myself - one of my favourite sets of the weekend. John Peel for her this year for sure.

Thankfully she’s announced a Liverpool show later in the year so I won’t have to be too bothered about her inevitably clashing with somebody. 

8 hours ago, Balls said:

Few pages late on this but I kinda see Angel Olsen doing like 3rd down Other Stage this time around. I guess I picture it being like the PJ Harvey show - she's pretty big now, and the latest stuff has that big bombastic sound that'll fill the field nicely. But yeah, she could equally end up subbing the JP.

She’s definitely not that big. Would anticipate Park sub (maybe headline) or a bit lower on JP.

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Did Olsen not stink the Park our last time she played? Tepid pish was the review of a couple of our gang.

I enjoyed her set at the Park and her performance last week in Manchester was fantastic. So would give her a chance if you like the albums. If no clash I will be watching her, hopefully in the JP.

I was surprised at how busy her Glasgow gig was on Friday, when it was announced the Barrowlands seemed a bit big for her but there can't have been too many tickets left. Ideally she'll be early evening JP before Lana Del Rey as those two and a headliner like FKA Twigs/Thom Yorke would be a great Friday night for me.